Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fall festival

yes I know I’m lame for just now catching up with our fall stuff. We headed out to camp the next day so I was a little busy this week and stuff.

We did a fall festival costume party for the kids the first week of Nov. We set up carnival games with prizes. They had a blast. William was determined to be a cowboy and was pretty bummed he didn’t have the boots but seriously even the ones at payless were $30. I checked every thrift store I could think of and couldn’t find any used… I tried.

Allie dressed up as Belle, who, let’s be honest, is the best Disney Princess :) I went to Target the day after Halloween and bought a few costumes at 70% off. yes that’s they only way they were going to be getting them. They both loved being dressed up and playing games. That made me happy. Other than that the festival was a ton of work for me. I’m already making plans so that’s not how it turns out next year. It was a little overwhelming at moments.

here are some pictures.

ok these first pictures are of the kids playing a game from back in the day when we did the fall festival. You get blindfolded someone puts an Oreo cookie on the plate in front of you and covers it with whipping cream and you try to find it with your hand behind your back. You have to find and eat the cookie first to win.

fall festivalfall festival_1fall festival_2fall festival_3fall festival_4fall festival_5fall festival_6fall festival_7

My little man had a dentist appointment that day and chewed his lip while it was numb. It got huge. I was pretty concerned. The next day it was fine but the poor guy was pretty upset about it.

 fall festival_8fall festival_9fall festival_10fall festival_11

these girls just love each other!! I’m very thankful they have each other its pretty cute!

 fall festival_12

No comments: