Friday, September 24, 2010

Catching up

We were able to go out of town last weekend to visit my brother Dave, sister Rachel, and cousin Maria and it was great! I miss those three a lot. I plan to do a post all about that but I am still behind in a few of my other post so I need to catch up. I kinda feel like that has been how my whole week has felt, just a few steps behind. Honestly I think I feel like that most of the time. I think it might have something to do with having 3 children 4 and under, I don't know... just a guess :)
Our kids are doing great. The girls and I got a cold /cough thing that has been hanging on and hopefully is clearing up.
William and mom are trying to make headway in preschool. When I focus on it he does really well. Their little minds are sponges and that is good and bad! Allie will randomly yell DANG IT or say that's stupid! I usually try to hide my laughter and inform her we don't talk that way. She is a little chatter bug and tells us about everything. Over the last month she hit another level of communication where she doesn't just tell you something but completely converses with you. For instance I asked her to get Nick up the other day and she said "Ok mom I get daddy you stay here" she wanted it to be very clear I wasn't suppose to help get daddy up. She makes me laugh. It hard to explain communication because she has been talking in sentences clearly for a long time but it keeps developing and changing. She is also super busy all the time. She continually gets into trouble for making messes and when I am cleaning one up she is making another. She also doesn't like when things don't go her way. She will throw down what she is holding and pout. She doesn't like to be told No but than again who does. I have been thinking about James 4:1 lately that talks about why we fight. It is definitely a principle I need to work through all the time. My momma tells me "I know you don't want to hear it but she is just like you when you were little"  Being a parent is a lot of work! God is faithfully showing me my sin and weakness right along while I try to deal with my kids. It's overwhelming! than I remember He is faithful! I don't have to try to raise my kids in my own strength. Isn't that reassuring! That was kind of a rant but has been on my heart lately so there you go.
So here are the pictures...

here are some pictures from soccer picture day and also from our first game at the parade.

Wills team



 Kate

 our first game
the parent tunnel. The kids LOVE these tunnels

Wills getting his pictures taken

seriously when you ask this kid to smile for the camera this is what you get?!?

there is the cute little boy I know

the end :)

1 comment:

Stef said...

First, William looks SO cute in his soccer clothes. Adorable, actually.

We have that cold too! Its super annoying and just when you think its gone - BOOM. Its not.

Having 3 kids under the age of 4 definitely keeps you several steps behind! I remember those days all too well. The other day arrived at one of our favorite parks and all 3 kids jumped out of the car, on their own and ran to the park, on their own - no sippy cups, no diapers, no strollers, no nursing, no crying baby, nothing that would keep me from casually walking to the playground, hand-in-hand with Jason.
It was nice (for sure) but I do miss those baby days. This has been a good time for me to remember that even the stresses and chaotic moments of having babies with small children, its totally worth it.

I remember when Kara was a baby, I had to simplify my life and intensify my schedule so much, to get good balance. I think that's when I began living on a really ridged schedule and carrying a day planner with me everywhere I went. My brain was suddenly no good to me anymore! :-)