Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Soccer parade

Auburn Soccer league does a parade of all the teams through down town Auburn. I guess one of the benefits to being a young momma is I totally remember doing this when I played in this league. Kinda fun... So it was cold busy day for us because we had the parade and than we had a little soccer game and we also had a Thornton family reunion. The wed before the parade it had been like 105 degrees and than this day was 70 and lightly raining. It was beautiful! I think it crazy how drastically the weather can change though.
Here are the pictures from our parade
the kids banner
Kate and Wills
Number 10 and number 2
The team name is Rock Stars ( this wasn't our choice but majority of some sort ruled on this one) so the kids brought guitars and drum sticks whatever was rock starish.
watching the craziness
Becca and Karissa who actually have blue Jerseys now.
Charity sporting her "captains" coat
The girls parade "float" their team name is World cup girls. On the top of the truck you can see a stereo hooked up and everything. Their coach goes ALLLL out, seriously!
my brother Dan is their assistant coach so he road in the back
Tom chucked a bunch of candy in their trailer and they went crazy!

I wish i had taken a picture of Dan's soccer sandals because they are still cracking me up! They straps were soccer ball print and the base was "turf" so funny.
Gav and Nate's team

No comments: