So when I wrote my girls night post I forgot to talk about my sister. How could I forget to mention Rachie? certainly not because she isn’t important, she’s rach, of course she’s important. I love my baby sister and she is growing up. When she came home for Christmas break I could tell she’s growing and maturing. She was never immature, I just think that not living at home has grown her. We miss Rach (and Dave) a lot when they are gone.
A few things I love about Rach. She is a very mellow person. I have hardly ever seen rach that upset and I have only seen her stressed out a few times (finals at school mostly).
I also think she is very funny. She and Dave play off each other and always make us laugh. She isn’t rude or crude to be funny though, she usually just makes light of the situation or makes me see how ridiculous I am being. She is very good at comic relief in tense situations, that shouldn’t be tense.
Rach is also very non confrontational. She certainly doesn’t let people walk over her or not have an opinion of her own, she’ll let you know, but unlike me, she let’s stuff just roll off her back and doesn’t find the conflict in situations that don't need it. I got really mad in a soccer game and had a heated verbal confrontation with another player and Rach’s comment was, huh I don’t think I have ever done that. seriously? I wish I was more like her.
I will complain about a checker at the grocery store going slow or being dumb and she just shrugs and reminds me it’s really not a big deal and I realize I just spent a lot of energy being upset about something that wasn’t important and if I just let go wouldn't have been a a big deal at all. She helps me see and remember that it isn’t how God treats me.
Rach is also very sweet and loving. When she is home for Christmas break she always makes sure she spends time with everyone. She takes the kids places and makes sure she spends a good amount of time with all her nieces and nephews. She jumps on the trampoline with them, swings them, let’s Allie brush her hair every time she see’s her even though it’s not really Rach’s things, and so many more things.
Rach teaches me a lot and I really appreciate it! If you know Rach you probably love her. I know she isn’t perfect and just like the rest of us she has her faults but I am thankful to have a great little sister and friend.
2 comments:
such a sweet post, Sarah! I bet your sis loves you to pieces.
Love this post about Rach! No wonder we get along so well. We are very similar. It sounds like I could learn a few things from Rach as well! :)
Love your honesty, Sarah! Your sincerity always comes through in your posts. Love that about you :)
Post a Comment