Well we are kinda in love with this little girl. She is a very very good baby. Nick said if we could clone her we could make some serious money. I haven’t specifically blogged about her in a while and she has changed and grown up so much in last two months.
Before we left for Georgia she was getting up on all fours and rocking back and fourth but she was still using the rolling method to get from here to there. Two weeks after we got back the girl figured it all out and has been stuffing everything from around the house in her mouth ever since. She is enjoying her mobility immensely. Since we have wood floors through most of the house she has to move her little legs really fast to keep them under her. It is SUPER cute!
Before Christmas she had been sitting up but was still a wobbly. When we were in Georgia Nick sat her on the floor and walked away, she sat like a champ and I thought, hmmm maybe I should have done that earlier (just for the record I would not have been happy had she fell and bonked her head). So when we got home we packed up all the baby stuff, swing, bouncer, baby bath and brought out all the big girl toys. I seriously feel like she grew up so much in a month and maybe it was because I was busy so I wasn’t pushing her to grow up and so she could do it all when she figured it out? I don’t know. Life’s busy.
With crawling came pulling herself up on everything. She can pull herself up to standing but she usually stays on her knees. She also started clapping and waving right around the same time. Over the last month she also started say G’s and H and she said momma a couple times and Nick said she said and than went looking for me, how cute is that!!! :)
She started eating solids at 6 months and she didn’t love them. We started with rice cereal and she would just spit it out. So we added some veggies same result and than we tried applesauce and she finally found a reason to swallow what I was putting in her mouth. I was thankful to finally find something she liked eating. She still doesn’t like veggies. She tolerates ones that she can feed herself but refuses to eat the baby food ones. She’s a girl after daddies own heart. She eats finger foods really well and prefers them to being fed. One night when Nick was feeding her she wanted the spoon so he gave it to her (I am still fighting her while feeding her because of it, usually I just give her another spoon because she always want the spoon). She took a bite and gave it back and they kept doing that, he handed her the spoon with the food she put it in her mouth and gave it back. Funny stuff.
With the discovery of food and her fascination with the world in general, she has decided she would rather not nurse. I don’t agree with her new ideas so we are fighting… that is mostly a joke but seriously it’s a struggle to get her to nurse during the day. The other day Nick told me “you should get her a book she looks bored” when I was trying to nurse her. LOL, how silly would that be, if it worked I would totally do it though… :) She nurses like a champ when she is tired though so we have been nursing at night. I am ok with that though since she nurses so well. She wakes up at least once sometimes twice. Someday I might actually sleep through the night again but I think it will be many years and than I will definitely have to retrain my body because even when they all sleep longer than normal I wake up.
I was suppose to take her to the Dr. at 6 months, (she is now 8m, sheepish grin) so I am not sure how big she was or anything like that but she is a healthy little monkey and we are very thankful for our sweet girl. I am sure she won’t be overly thrilled with me because I did schedule that apt with the Dr. where she will get more of her vaccines…
I will add pictures later but I figured I will through this up for now
No comments:
Post a Comment