Thursday, February 17, 2011

Girls night

I decided that I need to start having better girls nights. I am kinda tired of my girl time usually being baby showers and things like that, I am always excited to celebrate life but I need to broaden my horizons, so we did, and it was super fun!

My sister told me she wanted to do something fun while she was home so we had a spa night. We started with drinks and yummy pluto’s style salad and than started the pampering, we wrapped it all up with a movie :)

First let me say that I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful family and a big one at. I decided to keep our girls night small because that made who to invite easy and we could all fit in my house and be really comfy with each other. So I had my “sisters”, mom and aunt.

Here are a few paragraphs about who they are and what they mean to me. I grew up living next to my uncle Matt who has 9 kids, two of which are Jocelyn and Maria. We lived with an adjoining wall since I was 4 years old so I saw them everyday, and we were both homeschooled for a while, so we spent a lot of time together. Maria and Joc are Dave and Rachel’s ages and as we have all become adults it has been such a blessing to be really good friends. Most people have cousins but mine are really more like cousin-sisters cause they are also some of my best friends.

I also had my “big” sister. My brother Dan married Chrisy almost ten years ago and she had already been my big sister for years. I use to follow her around, she would have me over to her house, she did my hair, you know, the whole nine yards… she also considers herself my own personal Dr. Laura for awhile, lol. Let’s just say she helped my mom and I navigate my teen years.

I also had my momma and aunt Nancy (Maria and Joc’s momma) and I don’t need to elaborate on the point that I am one blessed women to have my momma and Aunt. They are such great examples to me. They are a huge encouragement. They continually points me to Christ and I am truly thankful for both of them. We also needed some mature wisdom there… that makes me laugh and I won’t elaborate on why :)

So all that long ramble to say, I love my girls and am truly thankful for each one of them and I am extremely blessed by God to have them in my life. I just wanted to take the time to say that.

here are some pictures. Hope they don’t mind me sharing. Hope they enjoy seeing them.

there’s the treatment right there. Face, hands, and feet.

girls nightgirls night_1girls night_2girls night_4

Nick took The big kids up to my parents house but I kept this little one. She’s so cute :)

girls night_3before realizing they were caught by the camera… than after, lolgirls night_5girls night_6girls night_7getting a foot rub by Chrisygirls night_8 

putting on the avocado yogurt face mask. lol!!! 

girls night_9girls night_10

so funny, if you ask me, I hope they don’t mind me putting these up.

girls night_11

looking lovely, but feeling great! Joc giving me a hand massage which was following my face massage :) plus rach gave me a foot rub and painted my toe nails… pampered for sure! (ria may have painted my toe nails, I can’t remember)

girls night_12

watching a moviegirls night_13

okay so these two crazies were painting each others toe nails simultaneously. LOL, that crack me right up.girls night_14girls night_15

We all had a great time and hopefully we will have many happy returns on similar nights. Love you girls!

Hope you get inspired to make time for a break and have some girlfriends over. You won’t be disappointed you did!

No comments: