Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Christmas

Ok so obviously I am a little behind… but I am catching up. We were able to fly to Georgia for Christmas to be with Nick family. Nick is the oldest of 8 and it was such a special treat to all be together for Christmas. The last few times we have visited with his family we haven’t been able to all be there so it was an extra special Christmas. Nick’s sister Missy and her husband Chris have three sweet little girls that are our kids ages so it was a blast to have all the cousins playing together. His sister Beth and her husband Craig had their first baby this year as well, so there were three babies and four big kids. Nicks other sibling were built in entertainment :) yay!

Nick’s grandma was also able to be out from AZ visiting so that was special too! I am not a huge fudge fan but Grandma Mckellars fudge was DELICOUS seriously, I mean  come on now I’m blogging about it, two months later… good stuff.

We flew in the day the 23rd and stayed for a week. Our flights went great. It’s a long flight. Even with out kids you start getting antsy after that many hours of traveling but kids get burned out. We flew to San Jose first and than TX and than GA so it was just a lot of flying. They all did really well and we didn’t have any embarrassing screaming moments or anything. The baby is a champ, seriously. It was before she crawled and that was really nice because she didn’t want to get down. She would be a lot harder to fly with now. It really is amazing though that you can hop on a plane fly all day and be all the way across the US pretty cool! When we flew home we only had to switch flights once and all three kids slept for awhile on our second flight because it was pretty late GA time. I think we landed at 10:30ish.

We had a wonderful trip and we are so thankful for all the fun times! Thanks to all the family for making our trip great. Especially Nick’s mom and sister Katie. Seriously they both did so much cooking and so many dishes. Grandma McKellar did lots of dishes as well. There were 21 of us together and 19 of us staying there a couple nights so it was a cooperative effort to get everyone fed and everything cleaned up. We all pitched in here and there but after one particular meal Nick mom was back in the kitchen prepping for the next meal an hour later… Thank you for all your sacrificial love you’re a great example! Katie you were a servant to all of us thank you!!

I will probably continue my narrative through my pictures… so here goes

Christmas morning was a long process to get all those gift opened. The kids had a blast! I don’t have the picture of the mess in the stair way but I will have to get it. There was  a lot of wrapping paper!

Christmas Nicks famChristmas Nicks fam_1Christmas Nicks fam_2Christmas Nicks fam_3Christmas Nicks fam_4Christmas Nicks fam_5Christmas Nicks fam_6Christmas Nicks fam_7Christmas Nicks fam_8Christmas Nicks fam_9Christmas Nicks fam_10Christmas Nicks fam_11Christmas Nicks fam_12Christmas Nicks fam_13Christmas Nicks fam_14Christmas Nicks fam_15Christmas Nicks fam_16Christmas Nicks fam_17Christmas Nicks fam_18Christmas Nicks fam_19Christmas Nicks fam_20Christmas Nicks fam_21

see in the kitchen…Christmas Nicks fam_22Christmas Nicks fam_23

Christmas Night we got snow! A White Christmas, very pretty. The kids were very excited and they headed out for some play time. Here are a few pictures. I didn’t have the “big” camera but these are still pretty cute.

Christmas Nicks fam_24Christmas Nicks fam_25Christmas Nicks fam_26

Allie was running around full tilt and than all of a sudden decided she was tired and Aunt Missy’s lap looked inviting. pretty cute!

Christmas Nicks fam_27

we were trying to get a family pictures but Anna was tuckered out! She had been sleeping for a long time but I think she went back to sleep after this picture.

Christmas Nicks fam_28

the group ( I took the picture and evidently Missy’s baby was sleeping, I don’t think I have any pictures of her but I promise little Rachel was there!)

Christmas Nicks fam_29

these two were so cute. Wills is a month older than Anna and he had so much fun playing with her. He would go looking for her any time she wasn’t around.

Christmas Nicks fam_30

the kids did some ginger bread houses while the big boys went out and played some Frisbee golf. I think everyone had fun.

Christmas Nicks fam_31Christmas Nicks fam_32Christmas Nicks fam_33Christmas Nicks fam_34Christmas Nicks fam_35Christmas Nicks fam_36

watching BambiChristmas Nickfam2Christmas Nickfam1

here are these 4 cuties.

Anna is 4 (bday Aug) Allie 2(July) Sonja 2(April) and Wills is 4(July)

Christmas Nicks fam_37

(Allie’s shirt really does fit she just was pulling her arms up…)

Christmas Nickfam

One of my favorite parts of the trip was being able to play games together after all the kiddos went to bed. We stayed up till late at night playing Pictionary, buzzerwezzer, hearts, and a few more and it was a lot of fun! We had a wonderful time and it was great to meet the newest members of the family. so Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you had as wonderful time as we did with your friends and family.

2 comments:

Stef said...

SO fun to look through these! I have to say, this weirded me out because I recognized the little blonde girls from a blog I've seen... from someone else's blog!! It looks like it must be your hubby's sister-in-law Missy? Does she have a blog? I could swear I've seen her blog from linking to her from another random blog I was on. Weird eh? Small world... I didn't realize they have another baby - how exciting!

The pictures of all the family were so beautiful. I just love large families <3

The Abe Green Family said...

Everything looks so calm and controlled in all those pictures. I am impressed! That is a lot of people to have in one place. So much fun! Thanks for sharing :)