our sweet, energetic, difficult, competitive, active, determined, happy little Allie girl turned two on July 16th. I have a hard time believing how fast they grow up. I am constantly saying, to myself and out loud, when did I end up with three kids because seriously it feels like I brought William home from the hospital yesterday...
Allie is a super fun little girl. When she laughs you absolutely can't help but laugh. I love that she will climb up into my lap and sit with me. She is still my little cuddle bug (all of my kids seem to be). She comes trooping into our bed in the middle of the night and climbs up between Nick and I like she belongs there. She snuggles right up against one of us. I have to admit that I love it! I usually pick her up and put her back in her bed but I think it is super cute and sweet and I am seriously going to miss the days when they don't do this anymore.
Allie is also a typical 2 year old. She wants her own way and is extremely unhappy when she doesn't get it. Lately she has been throwing bigger fits when she doesn't get what she wants and she consistently tells mommy no and we have to go through who is in charge again. She is a fighter at heart (I have no idea where she gets this!?! lol, if you know me well that will make you laugh ) and I love this about her but we have some serious issues to work out with it. With every character trait that is flawed with sin there is work to be done. I tell Nick all the time if our kids ever had to fight for survival she would live a lot longer simply cause she takes what she wants. The other morning they both had strawberries and Wills had a bigger one so when he looked away she snatched it. This isn't uncommon. She gets in trouble for it but that is just her, she wants it she takes it. I tell her she is selfish quite a bit so now she uses it on me. She will be upset about something I did and she will tell me "mom selfish" lol it doesn't take them long does it.
She talks a ton in full sentences and she will reason with us and tell us stories and she will very seriously tell me that her babies are sleeping so I need to be quiet and then she will run off to take care of them. She loves to run. They both do. She has been talking for a really long time but they always hit those next mile stones.
They are super competitive about everything. If I ask William to tell Nick it is time for dinner Allie races off yelling me do it me do it! They race to see who can get in there car seats the fastest and so on and so forth.
Allie also bites, pinches, and pulls hair. When she gets angry this is what she does. I guess because she figured out it the most affective thing she can do to hurt Wills. I am not exactly sure what to do about the biting. I am still working on the best solution for that one.
She got a "big girl" bed for her birthday so now she is sleeping in Williams room. That has been interesting. They don't fall asleep well together so it seems to me that they need to have different bed times but Nick says they just need to learn to go to sleep together. Since my brother and sister aren't at my parents house any more and my mom works late hours and Nick built a home gym in our garage we aren't going up there as much so I think it will be easier to make a better evening routine which hopefully will help with bedtime... That will be nice but I don't regret the reasons for it, although I wouldn't change it for there sake!... anyway...
other little facts about Allie
she doesn't like movies very much yet. She is just starting to enjoy Boz but she doesn't watch more then 10 minutes.
she loves to color and read books and I need to encourage her do to more of it!
she loves grandma Myers. I am really glad she does but it is a pain when I am trying to discipline her she will try to go to grandma or just stare at Grandma instead of look at me... My mom certainly doesn't side with Allie but Allie just knows grandma is sympathetic to her. Maybe I didn't make that very clear, idk.
we are teaching her to potty on the toilet... we have failures and successes at this one. I am not a fan of the whole process but I think she can do it so we will see...
She tells us she is tired so she can have her paci and get in her bed. She is like an addict who needs a hit. We try to only let her have her ra (pacifier) when she is going to take a nap or going to sleep. We are hopefully getting rid of it soon...
she loves to dance and sing. They both do :) I think most kids do.
I can't think of any other random facts but I feel like I am missing some. Maybe I will remember later...

No comments:
Post a Comment