Thursday, October 20, 2011

visiting friends

I was able to go visit a few of my college girlfriends in Pennsylvania. It was lovely. Little Miss K was able to accompany me back, since she fly’s free. It had been 5 1/2 since I have seen these lovely ladies. Way to long and it was wonderful to catch up in person. A lot has happened in those years. I have had 3 kids, my friend Lauren has 2 and is working on 3 and Gina is now married so it was great to meet all the “extras”. I wish I could have brought my whole family, someday we’ll all be together. Oh and if you are reading this Mwende you better make that rendezvous cause me missed you girl!

here are my pictures

apple picking

Keira and Colton eating some appleslaurens PAlaurens PA_2

she kept falling over there were tire grooves and thick wet grass. She wasn’t to upset about it though.

laurens PA_3laurens PA_4

Gina on the phone with her hubby talking about his fishing “adventure” or as we like to call it taking the scenic route to go fishing...

laurens PA_5

Lauren and her sweet little baby girl who turned one the day we arrived :)

laurens PA_6laurens PA_7laurens PA_8laurens PA_9laurens PA_10laurens PA_11laurens PA_12laurens PA_13laurens PA_14laurens PA_16

Laur this is a glimpse of your life pretty soon. Looks like you will handle it very well :)laurens PA_17 

I’m pretty sure it’s mandatory to take pictures of the trees starting to change colors if you are in PA during the fall.laurens PA_18

The boys shooting guns. Colton getting a lesson from daddy and Adam doing target practice.

laurens PA_19

Right before Anna’s birthday party we were playing outside :) Keira and Colton headed somewhere. my little girl is quite the wonderer.laurens PA_20laurens PA_22laurens PA_23laurens PA_24laurens PA_25laurens PA_26 

The Sun saying farewell through Laur’s tree’s.laurens PA_21

The party from a glancelaurens PA_27

Playing in the beautiful weather outside

laurens PA_28laurens PA_29laurens PA_30

me and my girlfriends :) it was a wonderful trip! I was so thankful to be able to go.

laurens PA_31

here are some pictures I took for William. It was nice to be away and have someone cooking for me and everything but I did miss my little family :)

horse that live next door to Laur

laurens PA_32laurens PA_33

I went into Laur’s room and later that day I was in there again and I laughed and ask Laur how in the world I missed that she had a huge bear in her room. It’s her husbands and currently it’s the best place for it.

laurens PA_35laurens PA_36laurens PA_37

Wills loves motorized vehicles so I had to take a picture of their quad :)

laurens PA_38

on our last morning there we went for another walk. here are Laur’s two cuties.

laurens PA_39

and the pretty woods we walked in. Pretty :)

laurens PA_34laurens PA_40laurens PA_41

On our way home we missed our flight and had to spend a night in Philly. I was a little bummed especially since it was weather related supposedly, I’m still confused on how that all worked but whatever, so it was out of pocket but I’m thankful to say it all worked out fine and Keira and I were fine and were able to get a hotel and catch a flight the next day. When Nick and William picked us up I was shocked by how developed Wills is. I know that sounds funny but I had been use to Keira and Laur’s little guys that are all at least 2 years younger so having conversations with William made me laugh. While I was away my mother and Chrisy watched the kids for me. I am so thankful that I was able to get away and enjoy my time with my friends. After I got home Allie and William were already asking when they could stay with Grandma again…

I’m blessed to have such great friends to visit. We had many late nights talking and it seemed as though we hung out all the time. I love that about good friends. I am also blessed to come back to a family I love and missed. I also blessed to have family to watch my monkeys so I can go away and daddy doesn’t have to take time off work. Thanks everyone for a great trip!

these pictures I took from Lauren and Gina’s facebook :)

I went out and shot with the guys. Clint tried to talk me into letting Nick get a gun. I will say though it’s pretty exhilarating to shoot :)

shootingshooting1

Gina and I

visinglaur

funny face Keira, lol visinglaur1

Adam helping Keira get on the toy tractor.visitinglaur

1 comment:

Stef said...

I've been waiting to see a blog post on this trip :)
Beautiful area! We went to the East coast back when I was first pregnant with Rachel and due to horrid morning sickness, I wasn't able to enjoy much of it at all. I got to know the hotel bathroom quite well though :(

Anyway, looks like it was so much fun!
Sorry about your flight home... glad you at least got home safe!