Friday, November 4, 2011

camping

all summer I wanted to go camping in Tahoe and we didn’t’ get a chance. Either we were busy or it was full. So when Will’s didn’t have a soccer game a I figured it was a great weekend to try it out. We use to do our church camp here growing up so it has a lot of memories for me.

I pulled out the camera to start taking some pictures and it was dead! Dead dead not just kind of dead. I was a little devastated considering that is one of the big reasons I go camping. Also the bathroom didn’t have an outlet. We went and visited the Ehrman mansion and their bathrooms had an outlet! big score!! So we charged the battery up and I was able to get some pictures the next day. A lot of pictures… you know me.

It was a beautiful weekend in Tahoe and we had a great little trip. We are headed camping this weekend where it is cold cold cold. I’m a little nervous.

here are our pictures

campingsugarpinecampingsugarpine_1campingsugarpine_2playing I spy at our campground. My favorite was Williams something blue and it stumped us and he had picked the sky.

Keira was kind of a punk but it all worked out.

campingsugarpine_3campingsugarpine_4

Nick tying down the bikes. Bike riding is one of our favorite things.campingsugarpine_6campingsugarpine_7

We went and played in Lake Tahoe. my children are crazy it was more than a little cold in that water and they were wet when they were done playing.

campingsugarpine_8campingsugarpine_10scampingsugarpine_12campingsugarpine_16campingsugarpine_17campingsugarpine_19campingsugarpine_20campingsugarpine_22campingsugarpine_24campingsugarpine_25

the ducks were a big highlight for the kidscampingsugarpine_27campingsugarpine_28

picture time :)

campingsugarpine_29campingsugarpine_30campingsugarpine_33campingsugarpine_34campingsugarpine_35

there was a big North face function being set up while we were there. I thought it was a very over the top expensive (waste of money) wedding… campingsugarpine_36

Driving home. Always good to see!

campingsugarpine_37

I made Allie pretend :)

campingsugarpine_38

1 comment:

Stevie said...

I love that you guys just get up and go camping. I can't imagine taking a toddler out into the wilderness, away from his crib, and having him sleep in a quiet tent for a whole night and for naps. The thought of it doesn't sound fun... How do you do it? Maybe with the next kid I will make them adapt more to there surroundings rather than always have them home for sleep time.

It looks cold! I keep saying I would camp more if we had an RV of some sort. Something with walls. I never felt this way until Cohen came along. Now I am worried about bears and weather. Looks like you had a blast!