Saturday, October 1, 2011

September

I feel like September flew by. Time really does just zip right on by.  I also feel like I haven’t blogged about September but when I checked I blogged at least in September :)

Most of September has been filled with school and soccer. I think we are finding a good rhythm and William is liking his class. I still need to get some pictures of him there so hopefully I remember this week.

Wills loves soccer so much. He can’t wait for his games and enjoys every practice. he told me yesterday that soccer is just such a fun sport. It was very cute. He also keeps asking what jersey color the other team they are playing is going to be.  So far his little team has done  really well. I think I take for granted how well his coach organizes them and teaches them. He really does a great job and I’m thankful because watching some of the other teams makes me realize it could be bad, lol.

here are some soccer pictures

playing some focused defense. He tracts the ball really well.

playing soccer

Hey Auntie Rach did you know these bottles will “mist” water in your face if you squeeze them? yeah the kids love to do that.playing soccer_1

and this happens a lot in U6 soccer…

playing soccer_2playing soccer_3playing soccer_4

but he’s back up. this sequence of pictures cracked me up.

leading all the kids this way…playing soccer_5

than cutting it back toward the goal…playing soccer_6

and cracking a shot on goal…playing soccer_9

Grandma makes my life so much easier!

playing soccer_10playing soccer_11

Wills buddy Harper getting some direction from coach Scottplaying soccer_12

half timeplaying soccer_13

hahahaha I have no idea where he get’s this… I plead the 5th :)playing soccer_14

and cracking another shotplaying soccer_15

and one of the favorite parts of the game the parent tunnel it’s right up there with snack time for most of the kids :)

playing soccer_16playing soccer_17

I will say that Wills certainly loves the game. He also is doing really well. He’s scored 2 goals in all three of his games so far, maybe he won’t score any more goals (I hope he does) but that’s not important, we talk a lot about doing our best and working hard to glorify God if we win or loose. I was thankful to see that he gave up his possible opportunity to score and passed the ball to an open team mate (granted that was after 2 goals), that he didn’t steal the ball from his teammate, which is an extremely common occurrence in U6, you have to get it from your team and the other team, and that he plays as hard on defense and he does as “attacker”. Mommy loves to watch you play buddy! Go get ‘em!

No comments: