Friday, August 19, 2011

umm behind again?!?

yeah so I have a good excuse this time :) I know what you are probably thinking, you say that every time, well maybe not cause if I read my blog I would be thinking, you always have a good excuse you have 3 kids 5 and under. Yes I would have to say that’s a good excuse to be behind on the blog :) this time though it’s because we started homeschool with William. He is officially in Kindergarten. Where did the time go?!? I’m not joking. I can’t believe we are already here doing this but we are. So here is the situation.

We, but by that I kinda mean I, have decided to homeschool William this year. Nick and I have talked about it but he thinks it is my decision as long as I do a good job. So until he realizes what a terrible fabulous job I’m doing than he might have a stronger opinion. I imagine he will subject William to quarterly test. I think I’m just joking there… (don’t get any idea Nick!:) In all seriousness I am planning to do my very very best to educate my son. In fact I let myself get a little stressed out about this huge responsibility this week and took my anxiety out on my husband. Good thing he’s a big strong man and can handle it. Thanks honey I love you! I called up my “big sister” Chrisy and said “WHY DID I THINK I COULD DO THIS!!!! and that it was a good idea?!?” and she helped talked me back into realizing I need to take it one day at a time. I was doing well and than it hit me and panicked. So after an afternoon off and two phone calls to mom and Chrisy I felt much better :)

As far a school goes we are doing well. I am trying to figure out what is a good balance, what’s to much, what books I want to use or don’t want to use, all that good stuff. Since we do school everyday with William Allie will be tag teaming it, why not? might as well get her in on the action.

I signed up to do Horizon Charter school homeschool program so that means that I have a supervising teacher that meets with me every couple weeks to make sure I am staying up to California standards and being successful. I also signed William up for a program through Horizon where he goes to class two days a week. I am excited to have the help and get him some independence without feeling like I am just tossing him to the wolves. I feel like he is still so young to just be sending him to school for hours a day everyday where 20+ other kids and teachers I don’t know are his primary influences. AHHHHH I need faith. Some of you mommies are better at this than me!

So where does that leave us for the future? I don’t know. I plan to take one year at a time, right now its one week, one day, one hour sometimes we go for ten minutes!! I don’t think I will homeschool him forever but for this year this is our plan and I am excited to be teaching him. I like the teaching aspect, it’s the laundry, dishes, housecleaning, and other two children that add the crazy around here :) If any of you experience homeschoolers or momma’s have advice feel free to lay on me!! Or if you love your school and think he would have been fine that’s good to hear too :)

So back to catching up. I have been so busy lately trying to remove every single project and distraction so I can just focus on wills school that I have been keeping myself busy busy! I am literally going to check the blog to see where I am. I am way more behind than I realized so I am going to probably throw a lot at you! here goes

back in July, actually on the 19th, ironic, I thought so, I had a joint birthday party at the sprinkler park for Wills and Allie. Being in the middle of summer we were so glad that our friends could make it! 

wills and allie partywills and allie party_1

My birthday girl!

wills and allie party_3wills and allie party_4

wills and allie party_5Sonni and her momma

wills and allie party_6these crazy kids set up sand piles to jump overwills and allie party_7wills and allie party_2wills and allie party_8

Chase and Parker playing in the sand

wills and allie party_9

I love wills face in these pictures. They are so him.wills and allie party_10wills and allie party_11wills and allie party_12

I think we have a picture of Nick looking exactly this way! I’ll look for it.

wills and allie party_13

Allies’s bud! I was thankful to have my mom help out. She kept an eye on the kids so I could get organized and cook hot dogs. So helpful that may have been why I planned it on her day off…

wills and allie party_14wills and allie party_15wills and allie party_16wills and allie party_17wills and allie party_18wills and allie party_19wills and allie party_20wills and allie party_21wills and allie party_22wills and allie party_23

So fun! Thanks everyone who could make it for coming out! we had a great time!!!!

1 comment:

Stevie said...

Awesome!! I got excited when I read that you were homeschooling. We (I), too, plan on homeschooling. My husband and his brothers were all homeschooled (in OK and TX so laws there are different) We have always thought homeschooling was a great thing but then I sometimes think of public school not being bad but the only reason I do it more for selfish reason and when do I get a "break"...I remind myself that they are only small for such a short time and when they are old and grown up I will not regret the decision of homeschooling or the lack of "me" time I got.

I came across a yard sale this weekend with a teacher who was retiring after 25 years... got a lot of great lesson plans and math books. She tough 1st-6th grade and I think the lessons are numbered with the grades they go with. I was pretty excited. I am going to have to look into the place you are going through. I was just telling Matt a today that I wish there was a bigger homeschooling community around here where you had others support.

Great job and I am rooting for you!! In 20 years it won't matter if the house was clean, but all the extra time you got to spend with Wills and teaching him everything he knows!