Rachel and Chrisy planned a day trip to San Francisco with my birthday being the excuse. My parents watched 7 of their grandchildren for the day so that we could go without the kids in tow. I love to take our kids with us but it was really nice for this trip not to have them.
San Francisco was BEAUTIFUL the day we went. Dan, Chrisy, Dave, and Rach, had never been to Alcatraz so that was our destination. We all had a really nice trip. Can’t get much better than a beautiful day with some of your best friends! We went to Alcatraz, Pier 39 to Aunt Fanny’s for some soft pretzels (My uncle and Aunt’s little shop), the Stinking Rose for dinner, and Lombard street. We walked to the Stinking Rose which was really kinda cool. It was kinda in little Italy and I think we all really liked our food which is a major plus. It is known for it’s garlic.
here are a few pictures
the isolation cells. Man that would have freaked me out! complete darkness for the really bad guys. We all had the walking tour on which was really nice and one of the inmates says he would pull a button off and drop it find it and do it over again.
it did strike me as odd that viewing a federal penitentiary is so popular. It’s kind of weird that it’s so fascinating but it is.On our headphone tour they mentioned how it was almost more torture to be so close to civilization to be able to even hear it and see it (during outside time) but it be completely out of reach.
I believe that was the wardens house on the left. One of the crazier things we learned that I had never thought of, there were several of the guards families living on Alcatraz! They had their own little town. Seems super creepy to me but their kids went on a boat to school every day and they had bowling leagues and all kinds of crazy stuff. How weird huh?the Bay bridge
San Fran
the Golden Gate all fogged over. When we arrived it was visible but not by the time we left.
I thought these were funny and should be my new house rules. Nick didn’t share my appreciation for them
Alcatraz now has many pretty flowers gardens and it’s a bird reserve or something like that.
Lombard street right after a big dinner. They indulged me in this cause I got a lot of “why are we doing this?” not from Nick he’s always up for any adventure :) Yes I have been there many times I just think it’s kind of fun.
oh yes we walked back down toward Ghirardelli on our way back to the pier and Nick had Ice cream and I had hot chocolate, yummy. No san Fran trip would be complete with out a weirdo following you trying to get some money and Nick even obliged use with that! As a intoxicated man told him someone stole his beers…
on the way home we listened to a little comedy by Brian Regan. He’s pretty funny if you have never listened to him.
I had a great birthday trip guys, Thanks!
2 comments:
What's wrong with those rules? I use them on a daily basis.
-Katie
SF in the summer makes me LOL! Looks more like Washington in January :)
I love that city though! Man, do I love it there. My Dad was born and raised there, so a part of me feels like I"m back home when we go visit. Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment