So we like to have parties, that’s just the fact of the matter :) After we threw Rach and Nate’s party Aunt Nancy told me she needed help with Joc’s 21st which is at the end of July. Absolutely! So I thought through out some idea’s and got Rach and Chrisy involved and we decided on a surprise Hawaiian Luau. We pulled it off pretty stinking well and I think we all had a blast.
my beautiful sister with a funny look on her face :0)
my sweet little Allie has a great smile!
the surprise montage. She was shocked! Blake as very helpful in coordinating her arrival and entertainment to get her away from the house and back on time.
babies seem to love Ria!! This girl was tired.
nerd fest
the entertainment. Gav rocking it up on his electric guitar.
he always makes this face it’s pretty cute!
the girls put together a Hula dance for us. Super cute! Charity, like usual was the ring leader and they followed her.
each dancer got to pick a “audience” participant. It was super cute. Love Charity’s face in this pic.
Jocelyn’s the best sport ever and so we planned a moments of Joc’s life presentation. Joc has had more than her fair share of ditsy moments and they provided some great entertainment. Rach put this section together and she did a great job! here is what she wrote about Joc
“21 years ago Jocelyn Joan Thornton was brought into this world. now as we celebrate her birth we realize the gravity of that day. Because on that day we were given a gift that keeps on gibing. A gift that has humored us, shocked us, encouraged us, and made us scratch our heads in utter bewilderment. At this time, we would like to take a few moments to illustrate some of our favorite memories of joc.
Our first few stories are not meant to humor but rather give a background to those that have ever asked the question: why is Joc the awesome person that she is?
Title “go get Rach’s socks” intro “Joc received very unconventional training from some for us starting at very young age. Now looking back upon those ties, I realize that our goal as to mold Jocie’s character through various insults, periods of exclusion, and often times through the use of tomfoolery, The first story is and example of the latter and a perfect example of Jocelyn’s servant like nature. Than Charity and Risa acted out the skit she wrote
“whenever Joc has a new story we always joke that her life would make an extremely entertaining book” here are the “title chapters”
“who knew the secret to a great soccer player was two left cleats?”
next set of stories- driving mishaps.
“Where’s I-80?” (someone trying to hit on her asked for directions)
“windows fogged over? Not a problem for JJT”
“the invisible sign? well it is now!”
“AAA? No T-mobile”
“Double date gone wrong”
“I called my phone I should call myself back!”
If you want to hear a story and you know Joc just asked and she will tell you all about it. They really are very funny! here was Rach’s summery “One of the most amazing things about Joc is that she will share these stories and laugh at herself just as much if not more then the lucky one that she shares it with. Clearly, we can always count on joc for a good laugh, bet we rely on her for so much more that that. Joc is always there when you need her. Whether we need a haircut at the drop of hat , a lesson in the mysterious ways of makeup and hair styling, an outfit to wear on a special occasion, a fashion consult, a friend to talk to who won’t hesitate to listen and respond with truth that you might not want to hear, or just a person to watch a cheesy movie with and love every moment! The list cold go on forever but essentially what it comes down to is that we love Joc for everything she is. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are thankful to God for such an amazing cousin, sister, daughter, girlfriend, niece, granddaughter, and friend.
my cutie in her little grass skirt.
CLUB 21
was the name of our dance floor and we opened our dance party up with some good old fashioned limbo
Gav and Becca Limboing
Ruth was very good at it! I believe she got 2nd to one Nicholas Moulton!
ok so one of Nick’s very hidden talents seemed to be Limbo. How ridiculous is it that my husband kicked butt at this! He beat me! actually he won the whole thing. working out everyday has a hidden benefit I guess :) It was a very fun way to start the dance party! I think I restarted that song 7 times or so :)
WE had a great party! We love Joc very much!
4 comments:
what a fun party! I love the theme and the "nerd fest" pic made me LOL!
I can't believe when I met Joc's family she was only 6 years old. AMAZING!
Happy Birthday!
You have an AMAZING family, Sarah! I cannot believe Jocelyn is 21 and you are married with a beautiful family (well, I can believe the beautiful part :)). God has surely blessed you. :)
Your family get togethers always looks so fun! It pays to have a big family! (who all like each other, too!)
Pretty impressive limbo, Nick.
Hey Sarah! I passed my blog award onto you, just FYI - look at my most recent post (at the bottom) and you'll see :)
Post a Comment