We went to get our Christmas tree two weekends ago. Nick wanted to go to the snow so I figured we might as well get our tree while we were at it since it is wayyyy cheaper to get it in Tahoe minus the gas but he was going that way anyway... It didn’t quite satiate his desire for snow time so he wants to head back for some boy time out in the snow because Allie doesn’t handle snow that well…
So after a short hike with Allie,Nick brought her back and I ended up hanging back and watching the girls while the boys scouted good trees. Nick came back to the car to get a rope because the tree they found was to heavy to get down the hill? I ask “how big is this tree?” thinking uhh we live in a duplex… Nick assures me, “oh not much bigger than me but it’s stinking heavy.” So by the time he get’s down to the car he is pretty tired from dragging the tree and declares it to be the heaviest Christmas tree ever (keep in mind that Nick works out on a regular basis and can bench significantly more than his weight, just saying). If you have read my blog for awhile you may remember this beast ,I mean beauty, of a Christmas tree. Saying this is the heaviest tree is something. Anyway… I see the tree and I am like uhh not much taller than you?!? after he cut off like 4 feet from the bottom we put in on our roof rack brought it home and the tree is 9 1/2 by 6 1/2 wide. Nick is 5’ 9’’. Not sure what that means… lol, his excuse “it didn’t took that big in the snow”. I have come to the realization though that any time I am not around to supervise the size of the tree being cut, Nick’s appreciation for a tree of significant stature will probably always distort his view of size and it will never be much taller than he is :)
here are the pictures I snapped
the many faces of my son
not much bigger than me… we had to completely rearrange the living room which now is almost out of commission. When I got annoyed Nick said “bah humbug, it’s only for a month.” he does have a point.the baby loves the tree she thinks it is so interesting. She takes her walker right over there and grabs itdecorating the tree
Merry Christmas everyone. I am not sure I will be back on the blog before Christmas because we are headed to GA and I have a lot to do before than. I have one post I might sneak in if I get time but we shall see…
5 comments:
We're so excited to see you guys! I havent met your girls and you havent met my guys.
Nick has always been the advocate for the biggest tree. I think we are hunting for one Saturday, it wont be as big as yours, but I'll put in a good word.
See you in about a week!!
This tree is stately. More glorious than all those whom have come before it. It looks like a Noble Fir and surely it must be for this tree is the noblest tree of them all.
What I don't know is why it is so heavy. Probably weighs between 100-150lbs. To my defense on the height the base was covered in snow. 12ft and 6 ft are roughly the same.
hahahaha!! this story made me LOL. I love his excuse of it not seeming so big in the snow. I'm telling you, I have the opposite problem. The trees always look too big to me and then we get them in our house and they suddenly look tiny! :)
I hope you have a blast in GA!
Sarah, I love reading about your beautiful family when I get the chance. You are such a great mother and you have a lovely family. Much love! -Julia
hmm I know several Julia's and I am trying to figure out which one commented :) blogger doesn't let me see your profile...
Post a Comment