Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yosemite birthday trip

As I mentioned in my previous post we went to Yosemite for Nick’s birthday. Which if you follow my blog you might know that we try to do every year. We left on a Saturday after Williams soccer game because his previous game had been cancelled, and we came back Monday. The weather was great! It didn’t rain at all while we were there. It was a little cold at night and in the morning but we came prepared so that wasn’t a big deal. We bought sleeping bags that zip together so the girls and I were all snuggled up. We also bought this bigger air mattress pad/ thick therma rest for me. Right before we went to sleep Nick says oh yeah make sure Keira’s face doesn’t get in the sleeping bag or she might suffocate… goodnight and he rolls over and sleeps soundly all night… so you can imagine how well I slept that night. at one point I was trying to snuggle with Allie to keep her happy while nursing the baby on the other side... Over all it went fine but I was glad to be back in my own bed.

Most people think I am crazy for going camping in October and it wouldn’t be something I would automatically choose but Nick LOVES it so I am game. One of the reasons that I will go is that Nick does all the cooking. I buy the food and make whatever can be made before hand but he grills the meet, boils the water, cooks the noodles all that stuff. I take care of the baby/kids but he cooks dinner and cleans up so that is lovely. He loves making camp fires and usually cooks half the meal over the open flame so he enjoys it.The kids love to be outside playing so they love when we go camping. We road bikes, climbed rocks, went on hikes, climbed more rocks, and even took a bus ride from the store around Yosemite valley at night.  We had a wonderful trip and are looking forward to next time.

and as usual lots and lots of pictures.

me and my babies

yosemite

where is waldo I mean wills

yosemite_3

like I said they climbed rocksyosemite_2yosemite_4

yosemite_5yosemite_6yosemite_8and more climbingyosemite_10stop mom wants a picture moment…yosemite_12

yosemite_13I have a few more of these I might save for our Christmas card :)

and than more climbingyosemite_15yosemite_16

we hiked to the bridge at Vernal falls. Wills did great and didn’t need any help

yosemite_17yosemite_19

Nick carrying Allie and playing games

yosemite_21yosemite_22

cute daddy Allie moment

yosemite_23

 

and we also went bike ridding. Yosemite is a fabulous place to bike ride especially in the fall when not as many people are around. William rode his bike and than the girls rode in the trailer. my bike pulls the trailer and since Nick got a full frame bike we decided that I would pull the trailer instead of him. I got a good work out Smile (it’s not really that hard and it’s kinda fun)

yosemite_24yosemite_25

we played at mirror lake

yosemite_26

lol wills took this pictureyosemite_27

rock slideyosemite_28yosemite_30yosemite_33 

Allie said mom take my picture so I didyosemite_34

more rock climbing.yosemite_35

and than this cute little girl. I call it her marshmallow suit. We bought it for Allie and it is fabulous because it is a down jumper that keeps baby nice and snuggly! yay for momma know you are warm!

yosemite_36yosemite_37yosemite_38

on our way out we visit Yosemite falls

yosemite_40yosemite_43

and we climb rocks…yosemite_44

William doesn’t know how to smile for a camera and so Nick told him to do this serious face. I don’t like it one bit. It makes him look so serious like he is unhappy so we will have to work on his smile for pictures.

yosemite_45yosemite_46

I think this one is super cute! he looks all protective of her and I love it!yosemite_47

yosemite_48

Wills took these twoyosemite_49yosemite_50

And Nick took this one. Pretty.

yosemite_51silly allie taking a break

yosemite_55

me and my babies :)

yosemite_52

p.s. thank you Stevie for telling me about Windows live writer because it has made this post sooooo much easier!

4 comments:

Stef said...

I love these pictures!! Your kids are getting super big, all of a sudden. You are one brave woman for going camping in October, but who can pass up any trip to Yosemite?! I sure couldn't :)

Stevie said...

Your Welcome!! Very cute photos. Your kinda my hero. 1. For having 3 babies so young and not losing your mind (you may but from your blog you seem to be doing a GREAT job) and 2. For taking 3 babies CAMPING!
I tried to take 1 baby camping when he wasn't mobile yet and that was not something I wanted to do again for a long time!!

Ted said...

Hey
Good post do you folks live the Yosemite area.

Sarah Moulton said...

@Stevie Thank you for thinking I have it together :) I frequently have days where I go a little nuts. I keep the baby pretty much strapped in the front pack the entire time we camp makes it much easier. I am kinda thankful she isn't mobile yet I think it would have been harder.
@ Ted we live about 4 hours away from Yosemite but is one of our favorite places to visit!