we had a busy couple weeks before Christmas. As I mentioned Allie had two well baby Dr's appointments. She has congenital ptosis in her left eye. This is basically a sagging eye lid. Allie's is really mild and the eye Dr. said that is should be fine but they want to keep an eye on it (no pun intended.) Infant vision is developing in the early months of life so if there was a problem it could permanently impair her vision but fortunately it looks ok, plus it has gotten a lot better in the last month. Oddly enough Wills had the same thing as an infant just not as prominent. The other appointment was for her finger. She has this weird extra cartilage in the bottom of her pinkie finger on her right hand. You can only feel it if her pinkie is all the way extended. The Dr. (her regular pediatrician) said that it could be just a part of her hand or it could be something that will go away while she grows. I was pretty sure they were going to say that but you always want to get those things checked. I am glad that she is a healthy little girl. Those two minor things make me thankful that we don't have to deal with any serious illnesses. It would break my heart!
So after that I got sick. I got
mastitis on Saturday antibiotics on Sunday and still felt sick on Friday. It was a long week and I didn't get accomplished nearly what I had hoped to...Anyway...
Tuesday William slipped on some wet leaves getting out of the car and hit a cement parking block. He cracked his head open but we decided not to go to the Dr. for stitches or anything (That seemed like it would be a long long 6 hours for them possible to tell us that they were just going to put a band-aid on it.) He handled his cut really well. He cried and wanted to be held but he did SO well. I was really surprised. The worst part, by far, was, and has been, putting on a band-aid. For some reason he thinks it hurts. I have no idea why. It appears though that his cut is healing nicely which I am so thankful for. So that was the drama in our lives and if i really wanted to be dramatic I would add Nick slicing his finger open with his ring while climbing a fence and us getting head colds, but I won't go into details on those points. So we are recovering from everything and so thankful for the blessing of good health. Fortunately non of our ailments kept us from having a wonderful Christmas.

Nick left his boots out and William decided he needed to wear them. When I tried to take a picture he took them off and laughed at me.

I was laying on the ground trying to get a pictures and he charged me.

I don't know why he wouldn't let me take a picture. Something about being two I think.

He looked so cute with just his little diaper on and his big boots. Such a goof. He loves to take all his clothes off when we are home. He takes them off and then wraps himself in a blanket.
so this is a little gross because there is extra blood. If you have a two year old however, you know how much it wasn't worth waking him up to try to keep it clean or making him scream to put a band-aid on it. We cleaned it up and put a band-aid on it when Nick got back home from work. He did scream but at least he got a snooze first.

Williams cut

a picture of his cut 1 minute ago
oh the other huge William news it that we kicked the pacifier. He has bit through 3 or 4 of them and he is just to big for one anyway. Every time that it would be broken or something would be in the middle of the night which is not a good time to take a pacifier from a child. About three weeks ago Wills lost his pacifier, which he had chewed practically all the way through, Nick convinced him it was ok that he lost it and even though he woke up and cried for it a couple times that was practically it. He has asked for it several times but we just tell him it is gone and he does alright. Unfortunately naps seems nearly impossible now. I make him at least sit in his room but he doesn't really sleep that often. I am very scared that he may have decided that he doesn't need any more naps. What are you gonna do? He seems to do ok most days without them. My mom laughs because I decided the same thing when I was Williams age. Now that I am on the flip side I am truly sorry mom!
so there is a lot more for me to post but I just don't have more time right now so I will have to get to it later. I will try to get Christmas posted before New Years
2 comments:
Wow, Sarah! You guys have been through a lot in the past few weeks! Sounds like you really take it all in stride though.
I'm glad you guys are doing better & happy to hear Will's head is better... SO scary!!
I'm so sorry Sarah! Christmas season is hectic enough without multiple injuries, sicknesses, extra appts...I'm glad you guys still had a good Christmas day though.
I'm glad to see Will's head looking better in the second picture. Poor kiddo. =(
PS- I think the slippers we sent him are probably too small...my mom just told me he wears a 9. Sorry about that. LandsEnd always has a free shipping deal going on if you want to exchange them...
Post a Comment