Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yosemite

Once again I am sorry I haven't been extremely faithful in updating my blog the last three weeks. We celebrated a few birthdays in my family, went to Yosemite, and moved all in the last few weeks.



All of the above stated activities went great. We had a "surprise" party for my sister Rachel's 18Th birthday, celebrated Nate turning 27, celebrated Dave turning 20 and Chrisy's birthday (the same weekend we moved which was not communicated to me but clearly I'm over it :) We are so thankful for the blessing all of these family members are to our lives.




Yosemite was fabulous. We drove up Thursday and my whole family was able to make it up on Friday and stay till Sunday. The weather was gorgeous and we all had a great time. Unfortunately Kate took a tumble out of a stationary vehicle and bonked her head but other then that the trip went really well. I was shocked that it wasn't Wills who fell on his head because he was climbing on every rock and appeared to have little or no fear. His lack of fear was a little frightening to all the adults when we were on top of Vernal Falls which is 317 feet up and not very safe. Fortunately God is gracious and we had a great hike. Obviously we really enjoy Yosemite! It is with out a doubt one of God's creations that leave you in awe of him! Absolutely beautiful!

The other item of note, moving, went really well. Nick worked really hard and most likely walked/ran/hiked several miles in the process. We decided to stay in the same apartment complex and just upgrade to a bigger apartment. So that means that instead of loading everything into a truck, which wouldn't have really helped, Nick walked back and forth carrying things over. My brother and cousin helped out Saturday and my parents and sister watched Wills and we got it all finished up. I am pretty sure Dave and Nick are already dreading moving our big couch when we move some time in the future. It has two recliners and is very very heavy and awkward. I was so thankful for my husband who worked really hard to get everything moved over.


So after moving comes setting up, my job :) This j0b isn't so hard considering the fact that the lay out of this apartment is pretty much identical to our last except we have a separate laundry room, an extra bedroom, and a walk in closet. I am so thankful for all of these! It has been amazingly nice to have the extra room. Even though our living room is the same size as our last one, it seems like we have so much more room because of our rearrangement. I hope I never forget how nice it is to have the extra space and don't become complacent and unthankful for the blessing it is in my life. Oh another thing I am thankful for is that our new apt faces a pasture with horses instead of a noisy street. It is amazing how much more secluded and peaceful it is, so nice!


Other news in our lives this week is having four children. No I didn't birth triplets (thankfully for many reasons.) My brother Dan and his wife Chrisy went to Hawaii for the week so we are staying at their house hanging with their three little munchkins. Wills is loving having kids to play with 24/7. He wakes up and jumps out of bed to find the girls. It is pretty funny. So far it has gone well. We have a couple more days so I will let you know how we manage the rest of the week. Fortunately my mom is responsible for the weekends and Wednesday (today) so we have had a break.
All of us (except Dan's family who hadn't arrived yet) at the top of Vernal. Sorry if the picture is hard to see but to the left is the drop off of the fall.

Grandma with her two GrandsonsWills kicked Nate's soccer ball all over the place. When it was put away in the truck he found a bucket and kicked that around. NO JOKE it was hilarious!!!Here Wills is climbing some big rocks with Uncle Nate. He loves to hang out with his uncles.

Well I have already spent way to much time on this thing and have to go. When I get more time I will add more pictures.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you guys have more space! I know what you mean Sarah about wanting to always be grateful for how the extra room blesses you. I feel that way about our dishwasher in this apt.
Nick- sorry the buttons fell off. You and Elmer will have to work that out.
Is Will tall? He looks like he is in the pictures. He's cute. =)