Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer… The beginning. Nick’s family visits

We have had a busy summer. William starts school in about a week. I’m bummed. I love the easy days of summer. I love late mornings where they can get up and play and watch pbs kids and do all sorts of leisure activities. One down side to summer is our house is small and it’s been really hot so they can’t go outside and play much. We have no shade anywhere for them to play in. My mother did put in a pool this summer though, and we have spent many days swimming there, which has been fabulous.

Our week days haven’t been to crazy but every weekend in July was busy busy. Fun filled but busy. I haven’t been blogging much because of how busy we’ve been so I have some major catch up to do. I’ll start back in the beginning of June when Nick family came to visit.

Nick family all came out for his Grandpa’s 80th birthday party. WE met up at Tilden Park in Berkley where this moms cousin runs this really old carousel. I guess Nick went there as a child. My kids thought it was fun. We rode the carousel, played on the grass, rode the carousel  had lunch, rode the carousel, had dessert, and then headed to the ocean.

Keira wasn’t sure how she felt about the carousel

nicks famvaca2

she and daddy ended up ridding on the seat the first round.

nicks famvaca6

Having fun with Grandpa

nicks famvaca3nicks famvaca4nicks famvaca5

She knew exatly how she felt about the ice cream :)

nicks famvaca1nicks famvaca9

the girls of the family redoing a picture from a long time ago.

nicks famvaca7nicks famvaca8

Nick and all his siblings (oldest to youngest)

nicks famvaca10

Another round and Keira was loving it.

nicks famvaca12nicks famvaca13nicks famvaca14

Another sibling shot

nicks famvaca15nicks famvaca17

Wills took a few pictures

nicks famvaca18nicks famvaca19

Keira loves to play Duck duck (duck duck goose) whenever you sit on the ground.

nicks famvaca20

Having a chicken fight, just teasing, doing a shoulders picture of the 8 of them. The sequence makes me laugh. It was a bit sketch there for a few minutes.

nicks famvaca21nicks famvaca22nicks famvaca23nicks famvaca24nicks famvaca25

Wills hanging out with the boys.

nicks famvaca26nicks famvaca27

playing at the beach. Allie girl was loving it!

nicks famvaca29

nicks famvaca30nicks famvaca33

It was a cold day at the ocean and Keira wasn’t thrilled at firstnicks famvaca34nicks famvaca36nicks famvaca37nicks famvaca38nicks famvaca39

Wills fell while running away from a wave and got soaked. I’m pretty use to the kid getting wet when we go places with water. Keira finally warming up to the beach.

nicks famvaca40

We were headed back and Wills pants were falling off. It was pretty funny.

nicks famvaca42nicks famvaca41

We stayed at a hotel for the party the next day. My kids thought that was a fun adventure!

nicks famvaca43

Allie and Aunt Katie and Uncle Rob with Keira girl :)

nicks famvaca46nicks famvaca50

Nick enjoying the fact that he had several siblings willing to take a turn on kid duty.

nicks famvaca49

Nick’s mom with her dad

nicks famvaca51

The next day was the big surprise 80th birthday party. I really didn’t take that many pictures. It’s hard to have three little people and take decent pictures. here are the pictures I’m running out of time so I won’t write much about them.

nicks famvaca53nicks famvaca54nicks famvaca55nicks famvaca56nicks famvaca57nicks famvaca58nicks famvaca59nicks famvaca60nicks famvaca61nicks famvaca62

After the party weekend Nick’s parents and three youngest siblings were able to spend the week up in Tahoe with us. My kids had a blast and as I was processing these pictures kept saying everyone's names in the pictures and talking about them. pretty cute. The weather was a bit crazy and it actually snowed the first day were were there. It’s beautiful when it snows up there and I have no idea why I don’t have a picture of that or the boys ridding quads and dirt bikes ?!? They were able to do that a lot and I’m bummed I don’t have a good picture or it.

nicks famvaca63nicks famvaca64nicks famvaca65

Wills LOVED playing games, especially war with Grandpa.

nicks famvaca66

Allie playing games with Grandma.

nicks famvaca67

yummy time.

nicks famvaca69

We went to Lake Tahoe. Wills and Hannah decided to take a dip, bahaha for slippery rocks :)

nicks famvaca72nicks famvaca73

Keira following the Duck.

nicks famvaca74

I feel like I kind of did a bad job taking pictures of all of us. Oh well. I guess I can just try harder next time. For now that’s what I have. I’ll be back to blog, hopefully sooner then the last break I took, with a lot more updates. I wasn’t joking when I said we’d been busy. I’m pretty sure I have 50+ photo’s to share.

1 comment:

ChrisandMissy said...

I love the pics!! (I stole one to post on FB.)
Hope you guys are doing great. =)