Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spring Break

On spring break we joined Chrisy in her adventure to take the kids to the SF zoo. I was going to just send the bigger kids with my mom but it turned out there wouldn’t be room so I decided we’d all go along. It was a long drive. The zoo wasn’t that impressive. We felt like a lot of animals were missing or hiding or something. It was a fun day but I don’t think we’d do it again till the scheduled remodeling is finished. There were 3 adults and 10 kids, 5 of which were 4 and under. I’m glad my mom could come. Made our lives easier.

The kids all had fun and it was something different to do on spring break.

sfzoo1

the tiger was a highlight. He actually ran around, even up and down a steep flight of stairs.

sfzoo2sfzoo3

I think by this point I just took a picture of any animal that was actually where it was said to be…

sfzoo4

sneaking around the little goof.

sfzoo5sfzoo6sfzoo7sfzoo8sfzoo9sfzoo10sfzoo11sfzoo12

the grizzle bears were the other cool attraction. They actually wrestled and then went swimming. It was cool. Wills loves bears, sharks, killer whales, tigers… Oh my… what a Moulton boy!

sfzoo13sfzoo14

Keira likes to move a lot more than look. So she used the stares as a jumping spot to grandma

sfzoo15sfzoo16

Jill and Keira

sfzoo17sfzoo18

the blonde at the end is Charity’s friendsfzoo20

the guy feeding the penguins

sfzoo21

watching the monkeys

sfzoo22

My monkey climbing the monkey railing… How appropriate. She climbs everything. This pic is a little out of focus though as mom rushed off to keep her from falling.

sfzoo23

Wills took this picture of the gorilla’s,sfzoo24

and the highlight of the zoo may have been getting a stuffed animal from the gift shop. Hey if it made the trip super special it was probably worth the high prices…

 

I figured since it was getting late and we were going to hit traffic we’d just get a stuffed animal and not worry about stopping by the ocean. Well as soon as we were out of the zoo William ask to head to the ocean. We were all the way down there so I decided it was a good decision. Wills and Allie had a blast. Jill and Keira made it down there and then headed back up to the car with Grandma after a walk. It was pretty windy and a bit chili and they weren’t digging it. These two played for awhile and loved it. I enjoy a nice walk on the beach and watching the waves but they definitely get their crazy love for the ocean form daddy. He is usually right there running away from the waves and throwing rocks. We missed him.

sfzoo25sfzoo26sfzoo27sfzoo28sfzoo29sfzoo30sfzoo31sfzoo32sfzoo33sfzoo34sfzoo35sfzoo36sfzoo37sfzoo38

We sat in a lot of traffic on the way home and got home late. We were all tired by a fun and busy day.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Enjoyed the photos! I got a chuckle out of seeing your Mom with the kids. She is such a go getter! Sounded like a fun and busy day!