Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I’m gonna ramble

I can just tell that I am gonna ramble a bit on this post so I am preparing you. You know how you have those days where you know you are blessed and loved and it just overflows into everything you are doing. You just can’t help but give your kids kisses as they walk by or smile at them while they are playing

Today is not one of those days

lol. It’s not been a bad day either its just that everything is taking work. The house isn’t cleaning itself ?!? the kids aren’t playing nicely?!? and the baby is getting fussy quickly, and they are all coughing. Which may in reality have a lot to do with why everything isn’t rose colored for me today. I am going on 5 nights of really bad sleep. Not bad like I got up twice last night, because that is what I call normal, bad like I don’t think I actually slept more than two consecutive hours together the last 5 nights. I am not writing this post for sympathy I don’t really need it today just more for a this is where I’m at today so when you read this post that's' really what's going on at out house and why my thoughts maybe aren’t so collected:)

So I meant to post about our camping trip that we took a few weeks ago but that didn’t happen. We went to Salt point and I will update on that as soon as I get the pictures uploaded. Not gonna happen today though:)

I will also be posting about our camping trip that we took this last weekend to Yosemite. Two camping trips close together I know fun stuff and I will get all that updating done sometime.

( my little Allie girl just came trooping out of my room from her rest time to talk with me and she just looks so cute. She has on thermal pajamas cause that’s what she wanted to wear and let’s just say she can’t wear skinny jeans! I just love that little girl and her chubby little body and her cute little voice telling me I’m joking when I gave her the wrong mint and she says I don’t like this kind. Feeling blessed again, she makes me laugh! :)

So if I’m not posting about that what am I posting about? thiscleaning bikes

Nick loves to mountain bike and he rides every Saturday if he can. He doesn’t ride in the summer cause it is too hot and dusty. He prefers the muddy winter if it is raining or snowing it usually means he goes alone but that’s when he loves it the most. All that to say his bike frequently needs to be cleaned and evidently Allies bike also needed a cleaning. I drove up from some errands and thought this was pretty cute! I took a picture of the baby cause she just looks cute and big, where does the time go?

cleaning bikes_1cleaning bikes_2

I have also been meaning to post random stuff my kids do so I am gonna take a moment to write some stuff down before I forget.

Keira

loves to put food in her hair. She get’s bored with eating pretty fast and then she puts the food in her hair. She eats bananas for breakfast and then styles her hair. I call it banana gel.

Keira is my pickiest eater (of my kids, their daddy wins the prize overall) if she doesn’t like her food she just drops it off the side of her tray. After every meal my floors are a mess. I don’t enjoy this lovely habit.

She is our climber. She loves to stand up in her car stroller thing and then let go and clap. Scares me a lot. She climbs the step stools she climbs onto the toilet and she tries to climb everything. It’s scary and cute.

Keira loves her daddy. Whenever he comes home he has to say hi to her or she lets him know. She loves to wave at Nick and talk with him. She thinks he is pretty great stuff but I guess we all do so that’s not a huge surprise. The kids keep saying she can say “I love dada” and it kinda sounds like she can. it’s cute :)

She has been able to stand all by herself for several weeks and I won’t be surprised if she walks this month. She is actually our latest walker so far. She is eleven months.

She now has both her bottom teeth and she got her teeth way later then my other two did. I can’t say that I minded that. She has always chewed up her food really well so we didn’t have any issues there. When she get’s bored nursing she likes to bite momma and those little teeth hurt! She get’s pretty upset when I yell OW!

she loves to take a bath. They all do! She loves to stand up in her bath and try to drink the water.

I better go before they all wake up and I don’t get a nap so I will save a more detailed post of wills and allie for another day and just say that…

they both love to sing. I love it. They are pretty sweet. They rarely go to bed with out being sung Jesus Loves Me and the B-i-b-l-e. They also like to throw in whatever else they think we will sing them . Lately it’s been nothing but the blood of Jesus. It’s very sweet to hear your two year old sing “what can wash away my sin nothing but the blood of Jesus”

Wills can whistle and it’s pretty funny.

Wills is really into rhyming things. he says weird stuff like cooka smooca looka doo all the time. It’s kinda funny.

The other day Allie came up to Nick and I and asked for a glue stick (which I use to give “reminders”) Nick handed it over and I said what do you need that for and she very solemnly said Wills needs a spanking. Of course Nick said okay here you go and laughed… and left me with explaining that she certainly can’t give wills spankings. it was pretty funny though.

Wills told us he wants a little brother. uhhh, good for you bud. lol

4 comments:

Stef said...

haha! this post made me LOL! I have so many days like this. So many "what the heck is today made of?!" days. I call them "blissfully random. Its the way I put a nice spin on even crappy situations :)

Rambling for SAHM is a good thing. We need to ramble out what we've been mulling around in our minds all day and I'm sure Jason doesn't want to hear/read 2 hours of my ramblings :)
But I totally get you. Especially with 3 small kids, these days can be quite typical.

I loved the updates on your kids. Will asking for a brother - he's just caught on that babies come about once every 2 years! :)
I think its super cute when the older siblings want more little siblings. Makes me smile when Ethan gets so excited for another baby in our home. I think its incredibly sweet and means we're not raising self centered little kids.

Even though today wasn't "bad" I hope tomorrow is truly blissful.
Love to you!

The Abe Green Family said...

I appreciate your honesty! I have those days all the time.

Hope that you start to get some good sleep soon. I took a two hour nap yesterday, and I had no idea that I was THAT tired. Sleep really is important :)

Love you!

{MrsH} said...

Haha I'm with Stef, this definitely made me laugh :) especially when Ally wanted to...um...help her brother back onto the straight and narrow teehee.
I can't imagine how crazy it must get sometimes! Anyhoo my dear, I just wanted to let you know that I have given you an award on my blog because you are AWESOME! Hope you like it :)

Stevie said...

You are so funny! And so are the kids. I love hearing the stuff kids say. Cohen isn't talking yet but when he starts I want to record everything so I never forget.

Lately I have had those trying days and I only have 1 child! Teething and lack of communitcation is our issue.

To answer your question, yes, we did paint the top of the stairs. Matt made a platform that fit the stairs and allowed him to put the ladder level. He didn't tape off, like I do, so that portion that he did isn't perfect but at least it's done! Also, I have a family blog. If you message me your email address I will add you to it. It's a private one.