Thursday, June 10, 2010

their fathers children

I took these before Keira was born and never got a chance to post them. It had been raining all day and Nick had school this night so the kids didn't have any lively distractions aka dad to play with so we decided to ride bikes during a break in the rain. Turns out there wasn't one so the kids went out into the rain anyway. That is the whole "their fathers children", weather never stops Nick, in fact overcast rainy days are inspirational to him, they make me want to cuddle up and read a book (pre motherhood :). So here are the kiddos playing in the rain. it didn't take long for them to get soaked
he had so much fun! He kept yelling oh yeah when he would hit puddles. He was swerving back in forth through the puddles.
I have to admit that not letting the rain keep you inside it great! we have had some great rainy day adventures. cute little wet face
I am not sure if I mentioned that Nick called me up a few Saturdays before Keira was born and said "So I have some good news, we found a couple bikes on sale" now you might be thinking great! I thought, wait a second he said a couple bikes?!? so Wills and Nick came home with new bikes. After many long discussions to work out some problems (serious problems) mom had with this method... Wills got his new bike and I have to admit that it is much nicer for him. his other bike was either 10' or 12' and this one is 16' so he can go a lot faster. He loves it! That boy cruises!

1 comment:

Stef said...

oh my goodness, I love it! You guys would fit in up here SO well! When it rains here (and its typically a much lighter rain than in your pics) people just keep living life as normal as possible. We don't do parks, but we do pretty much every thing else. Kids even still get together and play outside. So it makes us laugh when people from other states say "we're stuck in the house because its raining!!" :)

These were so fun to look at. I also can't get over (still) how well Wills rides that bike!