Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the Zoo

Charity had winter break from school so Chrisy wanted to do at least a little something fun so she told me they were headed to the zoo if we were interested. I actually hate zoo's. That makes me feel like a terrible mother, lol!! I feel like I should love taking my kids to the zoo but the thing is that the animals are so lethargic and just lay around and do nothing. Plus it isn't that cheap (10 dollars for an adult) I decided though that since the last time we went was when Wills was not even two yet we could handle it plus they would at least have fun with the cousins and the weather was perfect for the zoo! It was fun to see animals we read about and talk about but I was also right, the animals are lethargic and don't do anything. Here are some pictures.


At the end of the day we got to ride the carousel. When we were driving home I asked William what was his favorite animal was and he said the dolphin, I was about to correct him when I remembered that he rode a dolphin on the carousel. LOL. Good times! Allie wasn't sure how she felt about the carousel. I think she would have been fine not going up and down just going around. She held on to mom pretty tight!

here is Kateyou can see Wills in this onethey have a little park kind of a thing Becca and CharityWhere's boo boo? Wills and I call her Allie boo sometimes (among several other nicknames) and a lot of times just boo or boo boo. Sometimes it sounds like Wills says boob. Uhh not boob dude boo... LOL. She actually says boo a lot and Wills will cover his eyes and say "where's boo boo?"they have this for a slide. I kept telling Wills to walk down cause he couldn't slide but he wanted to try anyway.they actually moved! Crazy I know! It was fun to see the orangutan's though cause we got Jungle book for Christmas so Wills got to see King Louie.the giraffes were probably one of the cooler things to see. At one point someone was feeding them bushes. cute little girl with pigtails.coming to get the camera.

oh yeah and we even touched a snake. YUCK!!! totally gross. Some lady was holding it. i think it was a python. Yuck... Momma hates snakes!
So that zoo trip should be good for the next few years right? I am glad we went and thankful that Chrisy goes cause I would never go alone but I am not overly anxious to go back.

1 comment:

Stef said...

this looks like a fun Zoo!! How fun that you live close to family. We miss extended family/cousin outings.

I cannot get over how big Allie is suddenly getting - just in time for her little sister!!