Wills preschool group took a tour of the local CDF station (California Department of Forestry) so a fire station its just really really big. They also have Cal star there which is an emergency helicopter so we got to take a tour of that as well. This fire station is at the top of my parents road so it was fun for Wills to get to see it in detail and get to go in the helicopter that he see's every time we are at Grandma's house.
here are our pictures.
(I only brought the 5o mm lens so I wasn't able to get a group shot.)
Becca, Wills, and Kate on the fire Engine. Not the engine part evidently they aren't fire trucks unless they have ladders (something like that) this one's name was big red and every time we see a fire "engine" Wills I just saw big red.
Allie taking a chance to drive
Wills sporting the helmet. The firefighter who gave us a tour was really nice. He let the kids climb all over the truck touching everything. I was like uhh this may never be the same again. He didn't seem to be worried.
here are some of the kids in front of our tour guides
Allie driving and me watching out to make sure she didn't end up on the cement floor. You can kinda see the prego belly. pretty sure this coat didn't fit a week later. LOL.
He loved this!
becca
looking at the big fridge
Allie in the helicopter. some of the kids didn't want to climb up but she was like yup put me up there! Now how do I make it go??
Kate
Wills
It was kind of a wet and cold day but it was fun.

At the end they gave each kid a goody bag of all kinds of great stuff. It was loaded. It was a fun field trip and one we could do next year since most of the stuff went over the kids head and we didn't even get to fire safety at all.
1 comment:
I've been wanting to take the kids to a fire station, so this post just inspired me :)
I also got a kick out of seeing you and baby - I love the pregnant shots!
Post a Comment