Thursday, December 3, 2009

November

My children have been busy! They love to play together but that usually means some type of fighting and huge messes. I am just resigned to the fact that there are always toys scattered all over our apartment. I also believe half of mommies job is mediating. It can make for some long days but they really do enjoy each other and hopefully they are learning valuable life lessons about getting along and sharing. I was in the shower the other day, while both kids were up, I just really needed 10 min to myself and I started thinking, what is this costing me and what is it worth? Well turns out it cost me a box of tampons that my kids opened and scattered all over the house in individual parts. Allie typically instigates this type of naughty behavior and William carries it out to its fullest extent. We are trying to teach William that he is old enough to know better and needs to tell her no instead of think it is funny make the whole mess way worse! There are several of these type of situations I could elaborate on... I told Nick about that particular one and he said "well you don't need them." I laughed, Well that is a good point! It kind of helped me put it into perspective even though they got in big trouble for being naughty.
some days its hard to remember to be patient with the two little rascals but they really are sweet and when the days are hard I just try to remember what a blessing from God they are!
Honestly, who can stay upset with a smile like this one :) Allie LOVES to go potty. I think she has only actually gone once on the toilet but she is adamant about trying. Usually when she gets her diaper changed. She just loves it! Nick thinks it will pay off but we will see.
The other day I was on the computer (in the living room) and the kids were in the back of our apartment playing (or so I thought) when Wills came running out all excited and told me "mommy Allie didn't even cry when I cut her hair" I replied with "oh that's great bud... (info sinks in...) WAIT WHAT!!!!!" I sprinted off to survey the damage and just couldn't stop giggling. I am very thankful that it wasn't to bad. He just gave her some bangs. I still just laugh about this. I really can't believe that my daughters first hair cut was by my three year old son. See they have been busy!her is the trouble maker in action. LOLAnd the result of the hair cut. (she has her daddy's funky callic right up front so her hair parts that way)
Allie is getting so big. She loves to talk! You can totally have a conversation with her. She can say a ton of words now. Along with the usual she says, please, thank you, juice, down, kitty meow, grandpa and grandma (but it sounds like a really demanding mama she LOVES my mom, she has become her favorite person in the whole world Rach asked her if she liked Rachel the best and she said NO and she asked her if Grandma was her favorite person and Allie said YES! it was really funny. I think it is because my mom holds her anytime!) Allie also says ride ( to go 0n the quad), poop, snack, and a bunch of other words that I can't remember. They don't always make sense but she is definitely telling you something! It is fun to watch her develop.here they were having a snack on the wii board.so cute!I thought there facial expressions were hilarious in this one.We made cookies for daddy and the kids both wanted the beater. There is only one so this is how they shared. LOLthey are sweet together. Like when they hug good morning and are just so excited to see each other. It makes mommy smile!

well I have some pictures from thanksgiving flag football to get up but that will have to wait. I have already spent more time on this then I had. My kids are going nuts so please excuse any disjointness...

3 comments:

ChrisandMissy said...

Oh man, I know about wanting that 10 minutes quiet time in the shower...and I've stepped out to a couple messes too. We now do reading time while I take a shower. The girls don't resist because it's the routine- they both are on their beds/crib with books and stay there until I get out. Of course, Sonja can't climb out of her crib like I think Allie can? It's worth a shot if you can get them to do it!
Anyway, did William save a lock for Allie's baby book? Anna hasn't been allowed to touch scissors yet...I'm scared to open that door!
Hope you guys have a great day today!!

Stef said...

reading your blog totally reminds me of reading MY life! Your kids are identical to Ethan and Rachel. Are they the same age difference? 17 months? Rachel is our instigator and mess maker and we're trying hard to teach Ethan to remember he's the oldest and needs to be responsible and trustworthy. He's doing better, but it took a while :) I'll say a prayer for you - haha!

loved this post and loved these pictures.

Sarah Moulton said...

Missy, I think your shower idea is great. I am not sure it will work for my kids but it is worth a shot. I usually pop in a movie for Wills and Allie is either sleeping or hanging out in the bathroom. But that either means I have to wait till her nap in the afternoon or I don't get my peaceful shower. I think Allie can climb out of her crib but she hasn't done it yet which I am very thankful for because that will be the end of her crib and I am NOT ready for that.
We did save a lock of Allie's sweet little hair for the baby book. I am not sure her hair will ever be this blond again.