Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yosemite nov 09

We headed out to Yosemite the first weekend in Nov. Yosemite hasn't received that much rain yet this year so the water was a little sparse but Yosemite, as always, is absolutely gorgeous. Nick was bummed but I was thankful that it wasn't a repeat of his birthday trip last year where it rained practically the entire time we were there. Although that trip was great and everything went well Allie would have been much harder this year for that type of trip. Our weather was fine this year. It was freezing cold in the morning and that made the kids crabby but the nights weren't terrible. That may be because I had Allie snugly warming my one side and Wills the other. at least I know they are both warm! Wills actually started out in his own sleeping bag and ended up with me and Allie an hour later.

Here are the photo's from our tripour little family shotsHere is Wills watching some deerSuch a sweet little girl! I love this picture!!!We headed up to glacier point to check out the views.
(I unsuccessfully messed with this a little in photo shop so you could actually see Nick and Wills. (Nick's the only one who really would have noticed :)We had lunch on the river. I love how beautiful it is to be surrounded by huge granite walls
This is back at glacier. Wills had an attitude and didn't want his picture taken.Allie and I in front of half dome ( I look just lovely)Hiking up huge granite rocks with daddy. I love that you can basically walk straight up graniteThese two make me laugh. They are so sweet together. She loves daddy!Nick and Wills jumping off a big tree in front of Yosemite fallsShe wants to do anything her brother doesI thought this picture was funny. Wills road a mile or so on his bike (thus the helmet) while Nick ran with him and Allie and I walked and then we walked along a rive next to happy isles.This picture is leaving glacier. The kids were both cranky so Nick was carrying both of them. I thought it was cuteLooking at a riverAllie wouldn't stop putting her finger in her noise so Wills decided he would join her. Such punks! but funny non the less.
a very pretty picture of the kids in front of half dome

3 comments:

Stef said...

I love these pictures!! I especially love the smiley one of Allie. So cute!

Andersons said...

Hi. I don't think we've met - I'm a friend of Colleen and Sara. Can I just ask.... what kind of camera do you have? You photos are Amazing!!
My name is Ilka :)

Sarah Moulton said...

Hi Ilka. I actually know exactly who you are even though I don't think we have met either. I go to church with Colleen, Sara, Drew and occasionally your parents :) It's nice to hear from you. I have even previously looked at your blog through Sara's :)
We actually have two cameras but these were all taken with our Canon 1D mark 3. Our other camera is cheaper but still takes awesome pictures its a canon 30D. My husband and I LOVE photography and play with it on the side a little. After the initial expense one of the only negatives I can think of is I am running out of wall space to hang my favorite photo's. Thanks for asking.
Sarah