My brother Dan was expecting his fourth daughter in the middle of December, God however knew that she was to arrive much earlier. Chrisy went into L&D (labor and delivery) last week for a severe head ache. Her blood pressure was high, which it never is, so they assumed that it was a result of the pain she was in. Chrisy continued to check her blood pressure and went back in Thursday (a week later) because it had consistently been high. At one point the Dr. released them to go home after spending hours at L&D. While they were leaving she got a abdomen ache and they returned to the Dr. and were readmitted. Turns out Chrisy had (or has?) preeclampsia. What you don't read there is that it can become really serious really fast leading to even seizures and kidney and liver problems. So After a long process and a few ultra sound the Dr.'s decided that the baby, who was measuring at 22 weeks even though Chrisy was 27 weeks, was going to be better outside the womb. They gave her some steroids to help develop the babies lungs on Friday and on Saturday Chrisy had an emergency C section at 3 p.m.
Meghan is just over 1 lb (I am not sure what her specific weight was but right around 1 lb) and she measures 11 inches. Her lungs are doing well but she is on oxygen. Today they turned the oxygen down a little because she was breathing well. Even though she is doing well and so far there aren't any major complications she is absolutely tiny! She has a long long journey ahead of her. Please pray for this sweet little girl as she continues to fight for her life. The nurse said that the first 48 hours they call the honey moon stage because things seem to go well but that afterward they call it the roller coaster because they can face one thing after another. A few specific things in her immediate future are more chest x-rays to see how her lungs are doing. The Dr. said a part of her lung looked collapsed but they weren't concerned because that isn't uncommon in premies. She also said that her heart is beating very quickly and there might be a small valve (or something like that, sorry I don't know the specifics) that is normally open for babies when they are in the womb but when they are born it closes and it is possible that hers didn't close. She said that if she has bowl movements and it shows her kidneys working alright then they may be able to treat it with medicine. If not then it requires surgery. She also has a brain scan on Wed to see what her brain activity is. The only thing that the Dr. said she was a little concerned about was that her white blood cell count was down which might show she has an infection so they are going to keep her on antibiotics for awhile because she isn't capable of fighting anything off.
here she is in her new home.

Dan and Chrisy are doing well. Chrisy is recovering and the her blood pressure is doing much better. She was on Magnesium phosphate for 24 hours after her delivery and she had a really bad head ache. She said they medicine was making her sick. I haven't talked to her since she has been off but hopefully that was the reason for her head ache. She is hoping to be released from the hospital in the next couple of days. I know Dan and Chrisy appreciate your prays a lot! This is all very sudden and new to them. They need pray even to know the right questions to ask.
The three big sisters are doing well. They are all still young enough not really to understand everything that well so they are enjoying, as Chrisy said, "their vacation at Grandma's house." They visited the hospital today and I think it made them sad to see there mom not getting out of bed. Charity, who just turned 6, was pretty bummed by the end. Kate really wanted to see Meghan and it was really cute to hear her say her name.

this tiny diaper doesn't even come close to fitting.
My mom and Rachel looking in while holding Kate and Becca.
Rach and Kate
Dans hands give you a little perspective on how small she really is.

she is so so small but perfect. It is truly amazing that she has perfect fingers, toes, and so on. God is truly marvelous.



My mom and Rachel looking in while holding Kate and Becca.

Rach and Kate

Dans hands give you a little perspective on how small she really is.
she is so so small but perfect. It is truly amazing that she has perfect fingers, toes, and so on. God is truly marvelous.

She is in a big plastic container staying warm and cozy.

She is under this big blue light because she is very jaundice.

She is under this big blue light because she is very jaundice.

Thank you for your prayers. As I know more definite facts I will continue to post them. I hope this brings you to your knees in humility, thankfulness, and awe of our great and powerful God.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
7 comments:
We will be praying for little Meghan and for Dan and Chrisy. Thanks for posting the news.
Thanks for posting this update, Sarah! We've been praying for them and will continue to do so. Your pictures were amazing. I love that you captured those precious moments. Brought tears to my eyes to see Dan's hand against Meghan's tiny body.
She's in our prayers!
We are praying! Thanks so much for the pictures. It helps to really grasp the "tininess" factor. God is amazing!!
Sarah,I will be working in L&D on Wednesday,so I will try to see Chrissy.If there are any questions or info I can help with just call. We bring Meghan before the throne of God, knowing He never blinks or makes mistakes. We KNOW she is in His hands and He cares for her far more than any of us can. Faithfuly praying ,The Guye family
Sarah - This was so sweet for you to do. You said it very well with your words and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to share the arrival of our precious little new granddaughter with others who care, and who will join us in prayer.
Love, Sue
Sarah,
So glad you posted this update!We'll keep praying for them and for Meghan's growth. May God strengthen Dan and Chrisy for this long road ahead.
love,
jennie(bliss)David
I found out about Meghan on Ashley's blog. Will begin lifting her up in prayer along with Reece.
My daughter had to deliver at 27 weeks. Suzie was only 1 lb, 14 oz and was very sick. Eleven weeks later, she is weighing in at six pounds and yesterday tool two bottles. We understand the roller coaster you'll be on in the coming weeks. We're very excited for her to come home in the next two to three weeks.
Don't know where you live, but we have a lot of mutual friends. I'd like to help in anyway I can.
Without God's grace strengthening us, I don't know what we would haver done. I pray that He will sustain you through this time as he did us.
Cathy Wahler from Canyon Country
Post a Comment