When Allie first came everyone told me William was going to look so big. Because I expected that he just seemed incredibly heavy (30lbs in comparison to almost 8 is a big difference) but I wasn't shocked by how big he was, I expected him to be. The last couple of weeks however, he seems to have grown up so much and gotten so big. My mommy heart can't help but well up with love, pride, sadness, excitement, and a number of other emotions as he just went running to bed with dad and told me he loved me... He is just so sweet! I was watching him on the playground tonight and am just so thankful for how much I love him. Nick started school last week, after having taken a semester off and so far, even though it is hard, it is nice to have a little friend to hang out with and talk with. It helps with some of the loneliness. Anyway... William is getting big. Every couple of months I look at him and go WOW when did he get so tall. I am amazed how fast time goes. I was putting away all his baby clothes, since we had a baby girl and she won't really be wearing them (I'm finally over the shock she is a girl :), and I went for a trip down memory lane. It feels like yesterday he was her size. I both love and hate the fact that they grow up so fast. He really isn't my baby anymore and it makes me really sad :) Part of why he isn't a baby anymore is because he has a little sister who is very much so a baby still. I am really enjoying Allie's infancy, much more then I did Williams. I am much more comfortable in my role as a mom and I find it much easier to interact with her just because of my experience. I could keep rambling on and on but I will draw to a close because I am in a reflective mood and I am tired and the combo would probably lead to more chatter on my sweet children and how they get so big so fast that may bore anyone reading other then a mother feeling this exact way... So anyway...
We are doing well. William got the "nursery cold" a couple weeks ago and gave it to Allie but I think we are over that. She is also getting very big and she continues to be a very sweet baby. We really haven't been up to much. Most of our free time we spend at my parents house because William absolutely loves to run around and play. He asks to go to Grandma's house to ride his big bike multiple times every day. When I tell him not today he looks at me with a very grown up serious face and says tomorrow? It is very funny!
Well i hope this post is coherent because I wrote it in two days and haven't reread it :) Oh well it's the pictures you all want not my words.

Reading the big picture story Bible with daddy before bed time.
William is such a sweetie pie!
Allie getting in on the action.



William got a train set from his Grandpa and Grandma Moulton for his birthday. He love to play with it. The other day I told him it was nap time and he was upset about it. I had to take care of Allie and when I got back he was sleeping :) What a sweetie pie.

taking a nice bath. Allie loves to take a bath and she kicks the water all over the place! She also puts her feet on the edge and pushes against it.




William got a train set from his Grandpa and Grandma Moulton for his birthday. He love to play with it. The other day I told him it was nap time and he was upset about it. I had to take care of Allie and when I got back he was sleeping :) What a sweetie pie.
taking a nice bath. Allie loves to take a bath and she kicks the water all over the place! She also puts her feet on the edge and pushes against it.




2 comments:
Allie is looking so much like Wills! I can't believe it. Too cute!
It sounds like you are in a nice stage with Wills. How refreshing to hear about a "sweet" toddler :)
You know, I feel like I appreciate every stage more with later babies than I could with earlier ones. If you are getting into that with baby #2, good for you!!! It's like I can slow down a little and watch their little wiggly toes for awhile, when I always felt like I had to clean the house or something with my first baby.
I love toddlers, too. Deryn's 13 now and I said the other day, "This is my favorite stage!" and she laughed and said, "Mom, you say that about every stage." She's right!
Post a Comment