William is getting big. I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone. He is a very busy boy. Whenever he is awake and it is quiet I know there is serious trouble abroad. He is so fast, I sit down to do something on the computer and he is getting into something somewhere within a minute. I think he is determined to make sure the house is extra clean. He has spilled a half pitcher of juice all over the kitchen floor while getting it out of the fridge, he spilled a travel size bottle of shampoo in the closet, he put my perfume on, he spilled a bottle of this lotion type stuff all over the counter top in our bedroom (which he pulled his step stool over to climb onto), he gets into the toothpaste all the time, and along with all this we are sort of kind of working on going potty in the big potty so he has had several accidents on the floor. This was all since Sunday. Even though it is a lot of work to chase him around and clean everything up, I could certainly do with out bathroom messes, I absolutely love this age of exploration. He is so fun and keeps me laughing all the time. I love to listen to him laugh. There is nothing sweeter then when he truly cracks up laughing.
Wills is developing so fast. The last couple month has brought a tremendous increase in his vocabulary. He attempts to say pretty much everything. I think his favorite word combo is motor bike which he calls motorcycles because bike wasn't clear enough to differentiate between dad's bicycle and Uncle Dave (or Uncle Nate, or (great) Uncle Matt's) dirt bike. It is so fun to be able to really communicate with him. He also decided to call my mom Grammy instead of Grandma. I love it. He just started calling her that one day even though nobody else does. He loves my mom! He also loves his cousins, he asks me everyday if we are going to see, Becca, Kate, and Charity, Aunt Chrisy even got included last time.
Another note about Wills is that he is just like his dad and loves to swim. We were at the Garates house for grace group and the boys went swimming afterward. Wills loved climbing up on the rocks and jumping in. He told Nick he wanted he and Daddy to jump in together. So up they went and into the water. Wills did great. I didn't think I would need my camera so I don't have a picture but it was really cute! I was shocked how well he did.
We sure love our energetic, enthusiastic, rambunctious little man! We are so thankful for the joy he is in our lives! I am sure I have left out little fun facts about my sweet baby because he is so full of life and does new and exciting things all the time.
As far as pregnancy goes everything looks great. I went to my 38 week appointment today and "nothings happening" ( in my head I see Scuttle the seagull from little mermaid saying that although it has been at least 8 years since I have seen that movie) but everything with baby looks good. With Wills nothing happened before I delivered so I wasn't surprised to find out there wasn't anything going on yet. I asked Wills the other day if we were going to have a boy or a girl and he told me a girl. It was really cute. He continued to call her Allie the rest of the day it was very sweet.
Well that is all for now. Here are a few pictures from the last week or so. Wills and I have been getting things ready for the baby. Here he is trying out the crib, we hadn't put in the bassinet yet. He already looks so big in there but I am sure when the little baby comes he will look huge.


Nick and Wills taking a Sunday nap while watching the Olympic trials

Wills asked me for a ra the other day (he calls his pacifier a ra and we have no idea why because he have always called it fire, he just started saying that) he wanted to go Nigh nigh and so I gave him one and he was playing nicely on the big bed. I went into to check on him and he was out. This is how he fell asleep. So cute with his little hands behind his head!

1 comment:
this was a fun post to read! I love reading about other kids and how they're growing and developing... plus, its always fun to hear what the parents say. :)
The last picture is too cute for words. He looks like the man of the house there. :)
Can't wait to "meet" your baby!!
Post a Comment