Monday, March 26, 2012

I’m back

I’m sorry for my absence. I say that every time but I guess I mean it because I keep coming back and saying sorry and catching up. That’s good right?!? I also have a good excuse. Just saying.

I didn’t realize how behind I was in my pictures. I had a few missing pictures that I found so I guess I’ll start there. I never know if I should start where we are and catch up that way or start with the oldest and work that way. I think I start old and work up to the new :)

Ok so this is really old. Nick surprised me in Dec by taking me to SF for the day and just when I thought that was my present, because I was rather blown away by his planning just to make that happen, he surprised me further by taking me to the nutcracker. I had never seen it and we have talked about going several times. It was a LOVELY day! We walked along the coast, got Boudin’s bread, ate at the stinking Rose ( a very yummy restaurant known for their garlic), walked all over, went to Ghirardelli, and ended with the Nutcracker.

My sister was home on Christmas break and she had been babysitting her other nieces throughout the week and I joked with her that she could come over and watch my kids the next day and she laughed but in reality Nick had already arranged with her to watch our kids the whole day which I didn’t know. She’s the best! It was a lovely present from both she and Nick. In reality most of my gift from him come that way :)

Nick climbed to the top of that. I got about half way and said uhhh I really don’t want to do this and let him go with out me. nutcrackersf

sfnutcracker1sfnutcracker3

maybe I’ll combine us in these pics but I haven’t had a chance yet.sfnutcracker5

I thought this was totally gross. Showed were the water level usually was though.

sfnutcracker6

Back in February we celebrated our anniversary. We went away for the weekend to Napa without our kiddos. This was the first time we have ever gone away just the two of us since having kids. We’ve always had at least a baby. We had a great time but we both commented several times how it’s really weird not having our kids around. We also talked a lot about how weird it would be to not having kids. What do people do with all their extra time? You can get things do much more quickly. Thankful to say that we enjoyed our time away but love the completeness of being home with out kiddos.

We really didn’t take many pictures. Here were a few from hike we took at the ocean.

napa7napa8

I’ll be back soon with much more to share…

1 comment:

Stef said...

loved the pics of SF!! That's one of my favorite cities to visit. Happy Anniversary and yay for an alone getaway! We haven't had many of those either. I think last fall was one of the first. We do love when we get to take one baby (especially since its rare to have time with just one child) but alone time is awesome.

Glad to have you back :)