we are doing well around here. We are getting into a groove with school. I haven’t taken many pictures of school so I will have to get a few. The first day of Wills school was a little stressful for me so I didn’t bring the camera and than he had a really hard time going to class for the next two and half weeks. He was very upset about it. I was at a bit of a loss really. I think he was going through separation anxiety plus this new schedule. He would say that school was boring and he didn’t like it. I tried to talk to him tried to threaten him (?lol) meaning I he didn’t get to ride his dirt bike because he was not acting like a big boy, I was a bit exasperated dropping him off. I even thought of having Nick bring him. I figured out that me arguing with him and trying to persuade him to go wasn’t really helping so I would just drop him off quickly and drive away. He has no idea how incredibly hard it was for me to leave my little boy while he was upset. The teacher said he did fine in about two minutes but it broke my heart! One day he finally told me he was going to be a big boy and we had no tears and he went happily to class. I have no idea why but I was thankful.
School at home is going well. I am getting a good idea for what I want to do I think. Some days are hard but I expect that. I appreciate that I don’t teach him everyday but I will say that dropping off and picking up get’s old and it’s only 10 minutes from our house.
In the mean time Keira has decided she is a big girl. Here are the pictures of the kids sitting together.
these are from another day in the morning. This is often how she gets up although she can do it herself :)
We take a rest time everyday mostly because mommy needs a break from the kids. They don’t have to sleep but they have to be on the bed being quiet for an hour. Since Wills started school he doesn’t have to take rest time on the days he goes to class. I think this helps him not feel like he doesn’t have any play time at home. So far it has been good.
Here was one of his afternoon activities. He’s a goof.
he plays with his toys under the trampoline and makes a big muddy mess and loves every second of it :)
that’s it for now but we have a lot more to share when I get the chance :)
No comments:
Post a Comment