Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Christmas

the week’s leading up to Christmas were busy for me. On Monday of Christmas week I went up and did some sewing with Chrisy. She is my sister-in-law. She actually knows how to sew so I was watching and trying to learn, at one point I got confused with something I was working on and since I was in a time crunch I figured I probably lined it up right even though it looked off and decided to sew it… you can probably guess how well that worked out, I am quickly learning to art of the seem ripper. My time crunch was due to needing to meet my sister, who was just coming into town from college, and my dad for our annual father daughter shopping trip for our mom. We have done it for at least 18 years I think and it’s one of my favorite traditions. Tuesday night was our annual family Ginger bread house decorating contest at Dan and Chrisy’s house. I LOVE IT!!! I had to leave a little early to make my Tuesday night soccer game but I got to be there for most of it. I will have to get some pictures from Chrisy because I didn’t bring the camera. It was fun.

I stole these from her facebook. Here is her title

Chrisy French Myers's Photos - Myers Family Annual Graham Cracker Gingerbread House Building Contest (AKA "Hang Out and Eat a Ton of Candy")

yup that’s right. we don’t mess around people…

Chrisy’s creation

My Vegas Chapel of love. That wasn’t my original intention but it started looking very Vegas like…

Josh’s house. we called it a frontier house… complete with an outhouse

Dave and Rach hard at work

Dan’s focused

Jonathans creation his goal, every year, most candy possible!

heathersNick’s reindeer?

Nate and Gav’s- Gav did the present

Nate’s man

Dave’s snowboarder and sledder with a Christmas tree

His snowboarder wrecked! Dave always comes up with something creative!

Rachel’s present assortment. Turned out nicely!

Dan’s, yes it is full of candy.

It’s always a ton of fun. I have more to post but I have been on the computer for awhile now so tootles for now I will fill you in on the rest of our Christmas another day.

1 comment:

Stef said...

that looks like so much fun!! I love this idea. I think we'll host a gingerbread house building party next year, for sure.
You guys did some amazing creations! I'm impressed big time.