Friday, January 29, 2010

rain

We have had some wonderful rain here in California the last two weeks so we spent more time then usual inside. Nick is bummed cause I thinks this might be the end of his winter. Cold rainy days make me want to drink tea and read books and they make Nick want to play outside. My kids take after the daddy.
Here are a few of the pictures of what we have been up to lately.
Our kids love to blow bubbles with their milk. As long as they don't get it over the glass it is fine by me. Plus the straw helps them drink their milk. I thought these pictures were just so funny. So cute! She makes me laugh.Wills loves to play Mario cart and it is a great rainy day activity.
Nick started school again this week so last weekend we took a chance to go to the snow. It had been raining all week so there was a ton of snow. It even snowed on our way up but turned into a very pretty day. Here are my boys digging holes in the snow.Allie doesn't particularly like the snow. She doesn't have the right shoe's and her feet got cold and she was cranky. She just wanted to eat the snow but she refused to keep her gloves on. She did enjoy sitting in the car waiting for the boys to finish playing.We chose kind of an odd spot to play and there weren't many good sled runs so the boys played on the side of the road.During a break in the rain we geared up the kids and took them out for a walk. Wills and Nick have remote control trucks so they took this one on anything dry and through puddles not to deep. This was Williams present several months ago for being completely potty trained for several months. Wills is a very good driver. It really is impressive for his age. He is better at driving then my 17 year old cousin (who doesn't practice) and certainly better then me :)Nick takes them out to drive and Allie usually doesn't last long or she gets sent back in to mommy.Allie LOVES LOVES LOVES to play in puddles. She thinks it is the best. I bought her these boots awhile ago but they didn't fit. Even though they are still big it was great to have shoe's that she could at least walk in and keep her feet dry.

On another note, We are moving next weekend. I am really looking forward to it but Nick is not so happy considering all the work he will have to do. I told him i would probably move everything myself to have a backyard :) We are going to be renting a duplex just around the corner from our apt. Obviously it isn't ideal but it should be a huge blessing. We will have a fenced in back yard and a garage. Anyway... I have to run but thought I would mention it...

5 comments:

Stef said...

I love how active you guys are as a family! that's awesome. We've been hearing about the crazy weather in Cali. We've been experiencing lots of warmness and sunshine, oddly enough :)

Cute pictures!

Ethan would LOVE playing wii with Wills.

Stef said...

oh... YAY about the move!!

Chris and Katy said...

Good to see and hear you guys are doing well. Great pictures! How's the pregnancy going? How far along are you? love ya, Katy

Sarah Moulton said...

Hey Katy,
We are doing well! The pregnancy is good. I am at the comfy stage so that is nice. I am 26 weeks. I am due on May 9th. I am not huge yet (even though I feel big :) so I am still comfy but I feel good. Love ya
Sarah

ChrisandMissy said...

Hope your move went well and you enjoy more space. =)