I have been busy. That is why the blog has not been updated. Hopefully i get the chance in the next couple days. I didn't realize how much work it was going to be to move and get settled. I am really enjoying our new place. It seems like it will be a great blessing to me.
I was driving home tonight and I was flipping through the radio stations and landed on the country station playing Watching you by Rodney Atkins it made me laugh cause it is totally where Wills is right now. He talks about how tall he is going to be when he grows up and that he is going to eat all his dinner so that he can be tall when he gets older and he repeats everything we say. He definitely wants to be just like his daddy and it is cute. The song also mentions how he (the dad) gets down on his knees and prays that God will help him be a good example and I think this all the time about my kids and how they are always watching. Anyway... it is a bit more country then what I really like but it slides in there due to cuteness. My husband thinks Country music and particularly sappy "hick" country is dumb but I think some of the songs really capture moments in life, like this song.
here is my favorite lines that makes me thankful my husband has a sweet little son.
"He said 'I been watching you dad ain't that cool? I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you. And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are. We like fixin' things and holding momma's hand. Yeah, were just alike, hey ain't we dad? I wanna do everything you do; so I've been watching you"
sigh... that's my sentimental bit for the night... here's to pregnancy hormones!!! LOL.
3 comments:
I've missed your updates, but understand moving and being busy! :)
I'm not a fan of country music, but when I heard that song, I loved it and cried.
I can't wait to see pics of your new place, but not anytime soon...it definitely takes a long time to reorganize everything after moving. Especially with two dis-organizers "helping." =)
That song is pretty cute. Though, I have a hard time picturing Nick in the line, "We like cowboy boots and camo pants..." =)
LOL Missy that is oh so true! I think I saw him in his camo's once when we were dating, and he wore them almost every day for "work". I read that line and was like oh well the next refrain is cute. Nick definitely isn't a cowboy but he does have a son who is watching everything he does...
You are also right about my helpers. They love to be involved in everything I do but their help is difficult. I even have that third helper kicking me to let me know she doesn't want to be left out of anything.
Post a Comment