Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break 09 Yosemite *warning 50+ pics*

For Nick's Spring Break he called me up and asked if we wanted to go to Yosemite. He called Wednesday and we left Friday. We barely got a reservation so we ran with it. We had a great time. It really is one of our favorite places. We brought our bikes for the first time and it was a blast to cruise around with the kids. Allie did much better this time. She didn't like the 4 hour car ride very much but she survived.
The weather during the day was gorgeous and the sun was bright and shinny. At night it was a nice 20 degrees or so. Wills and I were sharing a sleeping bag and I was freezing the first night I ended up sleeping with both kids. Allie on one side Wills on the other. Once we were all in there it was better. The next night was better and I wasn't so cold. The mornings were the hardest because the kids were cold and crabby. The people camping next to us told us we were really brave for camping with little ones. Brave or??? Just kidding! The kids did great and they love to be outdoors all the time. We put them in the car in the morning and that helped a lot while the sun rose enough to warm our camp. Like usual it was a short and fabulous trip.

This is very much so a silly William face.

Umm Wills you probably don't want to eat that.


Watching Lower Yosemite falls with Daddy. There was a ton of snow usually there isn't any.

Me and my babies.

Crossing a log. Underneath them was not only freezing snow stuff but water.
Sweet baby.
We road the bikes to Mirror lake and had a little picnic.
William LOVES to climb everything, just like Nick.
This rock was pretty slippery and this 12 year old kid couldn't climb up it.
Wills felt the need to put his feet in the water which had ice floating in it. I kind of liked this with all the blown highlights so I left it. The kids having some dinner.
Nick loves to cook over an open fire. I love that he is cooking.
Wills is a little scary by an open fire.
Allie wearing my beanie and like 5 layers of clothes.



We had another picnic the next day
after our long hike.
Allie will be a climber as well.


we went on a hike up to Nevada falls which is pretty much just straight up so Nick carried Wills in the back pack and I carried Allie in the front pack. On the way back down I carried the camera in the front Allie in the back and Wills road on daddies shoulders. I couldn't believe he fell asleep like this :)
Our Hike to Nevada Falls. The last part to the top was really wet and icy and you climb stairs like this so we stopped here. Allie wasn't exactly prepared for a cold shower.
We went down and sat on some rocks and watched the fall My favorite picture of William from the trip.
This is another face that Wills makes. His "I don't want to smile" smile face

Another very common face

Climbing with dad. They do a lot of this when we are hiking!
Back at Camp hanging out eating a snack.
Silly boy loves flash lights and head lamps.
Look I got it on dad.

Another classic Wills face.

Nick fixed it for him but he still pulled it over his eyes to try to see. LOL




HALF DOME


Gorgeous!
Silly boys...
getting his hair wet


our little fam

Me and the princess playing around with the camera while nick filtered some water into the camel back.

the kids with daddy


the boys

our camp
eating spaghetti

jiffy pop. Wills thought it was fun. Nick didn't like the popcorn, SHOCKING!
the kids in there bike trailer.

Allie fell asleep. So sweet.


1 comment:

ChrisandMissy said...

LOVE IT SARAH! Thanks for taking the time to post all those pictures. They were great.
I cannot believe Will fell asleep on Nick's shoulders! And the pic of Alli sleeping in the bike trailer was adorable. Sweet kiddos. =)
You guys are so adventurous...I'm kinda inspired but there just isn't anywhere quite so pretty to hike to around here. I'm hoping we'll someday get bikes and a trailer, but we'd probably just be on the baltimore-annapolis trail...paved, you can see grocery stores and highways, not Yosemite caliber...sigh.
Anyway, thanks again for posting all those pics- I know it's not easy to make the time.