Friday, April 10, 2009

Jesus Thank You!

We sing this song at our church and I think the words are so wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful and reflective Easter weekend as we celebrate Christ death and resurrection.

Jesus, Thank You


The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me
***
Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You
***
By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end
***
Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

1 comment:

Stef said...

we sing this at our church too! Its our all time favorite and the one song Ethan knows all the words to. Makes me cry every time. Our Pastor's baby recently had heart surgery and after I told Ethan that she came out of the surgery and that God had healed her, his response was to loudly start singing this song. Sigh....