We are so blessed by God to have such a fun little boy! I am amazed everyday to look at him and watch how big he is getting and all the cool new things he learns. I am really excited to see Wills grow up. Although I am excited to watch William grow, I am sad to have my baby getting big so fast. I am shocked that time is flying by so quickly. Everyday I fall more in love with the little guy. I really am enjoying watching his little personality bloom.
Just a warning that this is a long detailed post for all those who were unable to be a part of Wills 1st birthday.
Moving on to birthday news. He had a great birthday. Because I have a big family that lives close by and William won't remember, we just had a family party for his birthday. As Myers' tradition follows, we went to Grandpa and Grandma's house for dinner, presents, and cake. Uncle Dan celebrated his 29th birthday on July 26th so we did a little double celebration.
William got some pretty cool presents.
Here he is opening the books from Grandpa and Grandma Moulton. He really likes them. Wills isn't the most gently when it comes to a lot of things but particularly books. Any book that i don't want torn up or eaten I put on a shelve. All day today he was pointing to the shelve where the "nice books" are kept. I took them and read them to him several times.
The three little friends in this picture are my oldest brother Dan's little girls, Charity (5), Rebecca (3), and Katelyn ((1) 8 months older than Wills, you can imagine the controversy that creates).
Kate is going to give Wills a run for his money, she is a stubborn little munchin. My mom said that she reminds her of me when I was little. Here she is playing with his hat. What a goof.
One of Williams favorite gifts was his new bike from Grandpa and Grandma Myers. The bike plays a delightful little tune about fire trucks. To get it to play you have to hit a button. Wills didn't catch it right away but it didn't take long. Every time you hit the button it restarts the song. Wills loves to just keep hitting the button so I hear "hear comes, here comes, here comes a fire truck, here comes, here comes, here comes a fire truck." Pretty funny, but let's just say, I won't miss the song when the batteries run out. My dad's comment as soon as he heard the song was "your taking that home right?"

The extra children in this picture are my cousins Thomas and Karissa. They live next door to my parents. It is nice to always have an available party.

Checking out all the new features.

This bike actually isn't that light because it has the sound box and the little people that go in a circle on the fire truck.


William got two soccer balls, one from Uncle Nate and one from Uncle Jon and Aunt Heidi. My family also loves to play soccer, just in case you missed that fact.


Finally the moment most of you have been waiting for. THE CAKE EATING! I baked a chocolate cake because it makes a better mess. It definitely had nothing to do with the fact that it is mommy favorite kind of cake, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.


Sneaky little hands touching the cake.
What a mess! I knew were not going to have to convince Wills to eat his cake.


Kate wasted no time sneaking over to ride Wills bike. How funny!!!
I actually think he is pointing at his sippy cup. I am pretty sure because there is no yelling going on.

I guess one sitting of cake 
wasn't enough, Wills climbed
onto the kids table to finish up for everyone else.
Here he is opening his gift from Aunt Rosie. She knit an
adorable cream blanket with blue trim.

Uncle Dave bought Wills this funny t-shirt that reads I'm with handsome.
We all had a great time celebrating Wills birthday. We are sorry that you all couldn't be there to join us. Thanks for the presents that you sent.
6 comments:
Dear Aunt Hannah,
Thanks so much for the quilted mini blanket you made. It is great!
love,
Wills
Dear Moulton Family,
We regret the delay of your birthday gift. In our defense, your gift is something of a handful. It escaped from its box and stowed away on a cargo plane to Timbuktu. Thankfully, we have retrieved the little rascal and have sent it on its rightful way. Our sincerest apologies.
Cordially,
Postmaster General
US Postal Service
Nick and Sarah, it's not a puppy.
I want a puppy, I mean Wills wants a puppy.
Woah I am Tag.
Happy Birthday
I hope you gave mom a hard time cleaning you. I think Wills wants a puppy.
Love,
Aunt Katie
Post a Comment