Friday, August 10, 2007

Reading books



Here we are playing with the camra






William hasn't been the best book reader. His typical pattern is to just grab the book and eat it. He likes to look at a couple pictures before he tares the page out. I separated the "keep" books from the "chewable" books. After his birthday party, I place the books he received from grandpa and grandma and also the ones Aunt Chrisy, on an upper shelf to only be looked at under supervision. Lately he walks by the shelf points and makes the "I want that" sound. I put him on the bed with the stack of books and let him go for it. He sat there and looked at them and moved them but he didn't eat them. He has since asked for them several times and done really well with them. I am pretty excited. We have been enjoying all the new variety of stories. Well at least mommy has since her attention span usually last longer than Wills.






No comments: