Monday, July 19, 2010

Tahoe

The weekend of July 4th we went to Tahoe, again. I don't say that as a bad thing because it is BEAUTIFUL just to make note of the fact that it seems to be our summer of Tahoe. This time we stayed with my parents at the Ridge. We left on Saturday and came back on Monday. I woke up that Saturday feeling fine and by mid afternoon I had mastitis. I have had mastitis several times in the past and once I figured out what it was I was able to get rid of it before it got bad. This time it just nailed me. It was crazy! I got a head ache and then an hour later I felt like I had a terrible flu. I called my Dr and they phoned me in a prescription and I picked it up on my way to Tahoe. I am thankful that we were there because just taking care of the baby was a lot of work. By the time I had all three on Tuesday I was at least able to take care of us all. It was a rough couple days for me, but I am all better now :)
I am also trying to adjust to my life to having three children. I keep waiting to feel caught up with everything and it still hasn't happened. I always feel like there are 10 things i need to get done but then I have to stop and nurse the baby. I know it will get easier and I will adjust but some times we have long days! I am certainly not complaining I love being a mommy I am just voicing my opinion, life with three little ones is a lot of work although I do know these days will pass quickly and I will miss them!! So anyway... let me tell you more about our baby.
Keira is a great baby. She is a sweet happy little thing most of the time. She nurses really well and she started sleeping at least 6 hours at night all on her own, meaning there was no sleep training by mommy. We need to work out a nap schedule for during the day so that I can get some things done and she can get more solid sleep but other then that she is wonderful. She loves to smile and talk especially to daddy late at night before bed. I think she enjoys the exclusive quiet entertainment. I love morning snuggle time with her! She is a sweetheart and it is great to just lay down with her.We went to the Dr. today and she weights 12lbs 2 oz and she was 22.5 inches long. She is starting to get chubby cheeks and they are just so sweet and kissable :) A couple weeks ago she got really really bad baby achnie, or at least I think that is what it was. It started clearing up and is now almost gone but it was a lot worse then either of my other kids ever got. She got her first vaccines today which breaks my heart but she did great. She stopped crying as soon as I popped her paci in and rocked her. I hate when they get shots but I would much rather she didn't get really sick, especially since whooping cough is going around in CA. I don't know anyone who has it but it scares me! In case you didn't know my niece Becca almost died of it when she was Keira's age and she spent at least a month in a hospital. It was terrible! Anyway... We love our sweet baby girl who is getting so big!


here are our pictures

Rach doing butterfly. We were holding out for a flip turn which she claims she did but I didn't see it... lol, jk jk I am sure she did it!

Maria holding Allie
Joc playing motor boat with Wills


We stayed at the place the night of the forth while the "big" kids went to the lake to make sure they could see the fire works. We were able to see them a little and we avoided hours of driving so we played at the park instead
My dad holding Keira
my mom makes me laugh
silly girl!
funniest thing!!! I almost wet my pants! Wills was trying to climb up the slide, per normal activity, well it was to slick for him to make it so I asked my mom to try to help thinking she could just give his butt a push. Well she couldn't reach so she climbed up to push him but she had to keep her hands on the sides or she would slip so she was kneeing him in the butt up the slide. At one point
he was just laying there. it was very funny!! and they did make it to the top

On Monday we went down to the lake. We weren't able to find a beach that wasn't full but we did finally find Lake access.
my kids had fun playing!

Aunt Rach having her lunch

the beach was hot!

3 comments:

Stef said...

hey, its about time someone agrees with me about having 3 kids! All my friends told me that two was the absolute hardest for them, but I thought two was insanely easy. I mean... nothing to it!
Then Kara was born and I was sent through a tail spin. I had the same issues as you - feeling like I was drowning in a sea of housework and other things to get caught up on and never being able to CATCH UP! However, I got some great advice from friends who would tell me to get myself on a rigid schedule and stick with it. It definitely did the trick, that's for sure. Being in bed (or close to) a specific time every night, being up, working out, eating a good breakfast myself every morning, etc...
It totally helped!

And you're right... this time too shall pass, so enjoy it! But remember to take it easy, don't worry if you run late for things and don't let moms with less kids than you stress you out or make you feel like a failure for not appearing to have it all together.
There's my two cents :)

These Tahoe trips look like a blast! I loved all the pictures.

Sarah Moulton said...

Hey Steph thanks for the encouragement. Funny thing is when I was kinda loosing it the other day the hubs told me the same thing. I needed to get a schedule going and that I make my life harder then it had to be, hard words to hear from a man... but I knew he was right. So now I am trying to figure out a good schedule and what needs to be scheduled. Seems like everything, 12-12:30 Sarah eats lunch, jk but not really :)

Stef said...

I totally agree with him! The schedule will help you out a lot. It was rough for me to make one. I finally realized that I needed to schedule the every day, regular stuff, but to make it "loose" and not freak out if Rachel's hair wasn't done by 9am every morning :)
I also found that keeping the car cleaned out and bags packed and at the door the night before really helped.
So if we were heading to the park the next day (with friends) and I was supposed to bring lunch, I would pack the lunch the night before and then pack up the diaper bag and have it either ready by the front door or actually IN the car. That kind of stuff helped make the next, busy day run much smoother.

I think life began to take on normal shape once Kara hit 4 months old. I hope it happens sooner for you!
The awesome thing is, no other number worries me anymore :)