I don't just usually write post about my kids without pictures but every once in awhile I like to take time to remember this stage of our lives in written detail, soooo you might get bored if you read it but some day I will reread it and be thankful I took the time to do it.
My kids continually make me laugh which is a good thing otherwise we would have really long days!!! We definitely have those days, especially if pregnant momma didn't sleep well, when I wake up wondering if it is nap time yet. Kids definitely don't behave as well for their moms and sometimes that is just a pain in the butt. Those are usually the days when I can't figure out if it is there attitudes or my attitude or I am trying to get to much done and I just need to stop and focus on them or what in the world is going on. I also usually realize we probably all need a really good nap! I usually end up calling my mom that night and to tell her all about it. She is great because she always reminds me that my children are a blessing! She usually says "Oh but Sarah think of what a blessing it is that you get to stay home all day with them and not have to miss those fun moments when they make you laugh. A lot of people have to work away from home and miss all those times and are to tired to appreciate them when they get home." Even if it's been a long hard day of discipline, for all of us mommy included, she helps me remember that I the things I teaching them are so important!!! It usual overwhelms my heart with thankfulness for my kiddos and helps me face the next crisis in their little lives. Gives me good perspective that God has only given them to me to take care of for a short amount of time I am so thankful to be their mom and I know they are only little for a short amount of time because I can't believe how big they already are. I want to cherish each phase of their lives!
Here are some facts about my kiddo's lately.
Allie especially lately has to tell mom about everything. If she falls or gets scared she has to tell me even if Nick is there comforting her. She is very much so a little girl. She can be really tough if she is busy but if she is tired, hungry, or bored any boo boo or fright is a big deal. I am not an overly reactive parent but she still will be upset and tell me all about it. Just her thing right now. Its nice to be needed but sometimes I just need a break. Allie and I had a particularly hard day the other day and I was ready to sign off Allie duty for awhile so after dinner we were all driving to watch Rach and Nate's soccer game and she said mom and then told me something like "mom dog" and 5 seconds later "momma momma" yes Allie, "dog" she seriously did this like 20 times in a row. Nick thought it was hilarious. It was actually funny cause she was VERY persistent. Finally Nick was like Allie momma doesn't want to talk right now but I don't think it really helped. Just her thing.
She, like most kids, hates when she doesn't get what she wants. She will lean her head back and sinks her shoulder puts out her lip and pout cry. This gets her lots of time to think in her crib. My sister thinks it is so funny because it is absolutely pathetic. It doesn't work on mom or dad or aunt Rachel but she still trys.
Allie is crazy independent. I think this is an awesome quality but needs some serious work. There are times it is important to let people help you. She especially hates when we ask Wills to help her. She thinks she can do everything herself. If we don't let her try to do it herself she will yell at us.
Like I mentioned earlier she is a total girl she loves to clean up and fix things that are crooked. If a rug is flipped up she will stop playing to straighten it. Makes me laugh! Nick thinks it is crazy that this is already coming out in her personality. Another way she is showing us what a girl she is, is that she loves to pinch or scratch her brother when she is mad at him. Wills never did stuff like that.
Allie LOVES to take her clothes off including her diaper. I will go in to her room to find her leaning over her drawers trying to get new clothes to put on. I don't know why mom kids love to take their clothing off so much. It gets old. I especially hate when she trys to change her own diapers. That seriously doesn't work out well when she is stinky. We are working on asking mommy first. If we can't get that down I am going to buy her some onesies, seriously. I will say though that she loves to dress herself and she can get most of her clothes on.
Allie also is talking a bunch. She has been for awhile. There really isn't anything she can't say and she is putting a lot of words together. I love listening to them start to communicate really well. She can say each of Dan's girls names but she usually calls them all Becca. It makes me laugh. The other day though she was saying Dan all the way down my parent road. I guess she was excited to see Dan :)
Allie also runs everywhere. Seriously! She is really fast and does almost everything with motivation. She loves to sprints around the house. She loves to jump and she will stand in the living room and jump and say jump jump makes us laugh Part of her quickness and stuff is that she trys to do everything Wills does. She loves to attempting things she can't quite do.
The other day Nick was saying that he thought Wills was better at mobile stuff when he was her age. Both of my kids are good at mobile stuff so I couldn't really remember but I didn't think he necessarily was. Nick said he thought Wills could ride the little scooter by Allie's age. I didn't think so but wasn't sure. I also reminded him that she had been trying to ride the scooter. The next day she seriously go on the scooter and started ridding. I don't know how that all works about but I she must of heard her daddy say that and she wanted to show him he was wrong or something. It was really funny. So now she rides the little scooter all over the place. She is still slow but she loves it.
I am sure there is probably a lot of missed but that is what I remembered for now.
here is some things i have noticed about Wills lately.
He rides his bike every day if he can. He LOVES IT!!!! I am so thankful for where we live now because he ride right out of our garage. He also learned how to start the bike himself which is totally impressive since he can't put one foot on the ground and one on the peddle and sit on the seat all at the same time so he kinda has to jump to get on. He also trys to pop wheelies! Cracks me up. He actually can get his front tire off the ground a bit. He is doing stunt type stuff now as well. He puts his gets going really fast and then he takes his feet off the peddles and puts them on his center bar. Makes me laugh! He can also go off the side walk without using the entrance. He just hops off it. He loves to ride and clearly God has gifted him in those capacities.
William loves to listen to "the dead man song" the first time he mentioned that I was totally baffled but I heard him singing it and it clicked. He was singing Jars of Clay "I'm just a dead man lying on the carpet can't find a heart beat make me FREEEEE" so funny now they both sing it. Allie loves the song as well and she will start singing FREEEE. Funny stuff.
William loves to feel baby kick. He thinks it is super fun. I love it!! Nick isn't that into it so I only have him feel baby is she is really going crazy but Wills loves to put his hand on my belly and feel her move. He tells me she is going to like him. It is super cute!
William LOVES sharks, dogs, bikes, dirt bikes, and horses. He also like dragons and dinosaurs but not as much as the others. He loves to watch YouTube videos of all the things in the first list. If i get the video's stated he can keep them going himself. Although if you have ever used YouTube you know it can go the wrong direction quickly so I have to be pretty close to make sure it stays on track. Wills says he is going to have 7 dogs when he gets bigger. We tell him when he has his own house that will be up to him. Currently he wants a German Shepherd and a lab or another German Shepherd. The second dog choice fluctuates :) We won't be getting a dog until we move to a place with some property.
William is also ridding his dirt bike all by himself. Nick is running next to him for safety and because he can't reach the front break and his feet don't reach the floor but Will can drive completely by himself even up and down hills and turns. CRAZY!!! He's three!!!!
I am sure there are a lot of other things I should mention but I am way out of time and my back is hurting from sitting here and this was a crazy long post so that is all for now. I am so thankful for my crazy little kids! Motherhood seems to me to be the hardest job at times but also the most rewarding job I could possible think of.
If no one read that whole post I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure my husband will even make it all the way through :)
3 comments:
I LOVED this post! I love posts where Moms speak from their heart and share experiences. Its good for me to read about other moms in the same place I'm in. When I have the days you described; feeling like everyone and everything is off kilter, for us, its (typically) me on the computer too much and the kids feeling restless and needing more attention and stimulation. Its an area I've been learning A LOT about these days, so this post was really nice for me to read. And what your Mom says to you IS so true! I love being able to call my Mom, knowing she will admonish and encourage me. Moms are the best!
Allie running everywhere reminds me SO much of Kara. I bet they'd get along wonderfully :)
I cannot believe William is riding a dirt bike by himself! Way to go! I think it must be in his blood. Ethan has always been a pro with playing soccer (really well) and we've never taken the time to really teach him, so I tell him its in his Colombian/Italian blood :)
Fun post, Sarah ~ looking forward to posts about your new baby!
Hey Sarah,
Thanks for the post! It's great to hear all the fun things about your kids...I'm looking forward to all the fun stages that we have to come with our little Sarah :O). So far it's been great, however difficult it is at times as I know you know. Hope to see you guys in the summer maybe!
I call my kids Silly Goose, too, and for Kitty that has turned into Goosey Goose, so I had to laugh at Goose Goose and its origins.
And I miss Chris and Katy! i wish I could be there this summer and meet little Sarah! And Sarah (Moulton)'s new little one who'll be here so soon. :D
Post a Comment