Ok so I wrote this post months ago and haven't gotten around to taking the pictures but I didn't want to forget all that i was thankful for and feeling at the time so i save it and am going to post it now.
I am really sorry it took me so long to get these pictures up (they are in the previous post). I have been busy, the last month especially , and I am realizing that this is just going to be the flow of my life because I am going to be busy until baby comes and then baby is going to keep me busy. I can't believe she is due in two weeks. I mean, I am not sleeping well, my ribs hurt, she is really low so she pushes on my legs funny and sends nerve pinch things down my legs that make me almost fall over (they are really quick and go away when i squat so they just sound worse then they really are) and I pee every 2 1/2 hours at night so I am very aware we are almost there it just seems to have gone fast. WE are excited to meet baby K. Wills especially, he loves to feel her move and tells me all the time she is going to like him :) it is super cute! I told him she can hear him talk to her and so now he will tell her hi and stuff. I love it! She does seem to get active when he talks with her.
Well her is my long left over post...
We moved on the first weened in Feb. It was scheduled to rain all day Saturday and thankfully providence intervened and it barely sprinkle all day. We moved just a few miles up the road from our apt so it wasn't very far but you still have to move everything. I am so thankful for our help. We had more stuff then I realized so I didn't ask as many people to help as maybe I should have. My mom was a huge blessing to me that weekend. She helped me pack up my kitchen, then she cleaned our new place, and then stayed to help clean our old place. That woman knows how to work! She isn't much for the breaks. My sister Rachel and my cousin James came and helped move all the "little" stuff and then finished by taking our kids up to Grandma's. My brother Dan and Nick moved all the "big stuff". They both agreed Rach and James had a more demoralizing job cause you take a ton of trips with less pure result (especially when our apt was kinda a long walk unloading was way faster!) After we moved in Chrisy came down on Monday and helped me contact paper line my cabinets. The cabinets aren't very nice and they look so much better now. I can't function in a dirty house or one that looks dirty so I am so thankful she came and helped me get that done so I could get my kitchen set up.
I have spent the last couple of weeks just getting organized. I love having more space but now i have to make decisions on where things fit best not just where they fit. It's great! Just because i have more space to be organized though doesn't mean we are more organized. Example, i bought extra toy containers for Wills room, which I love, but the kids dump the whole thing our to get one toy... Kids are definitely more drawn to play with nice organized toys so it is good and bad. I really do love having more options to be organized and I went to Target and Walmart with great joy to buy containers. Nick thinks I am crazy and would be ok with our clothes being folded and put on the floor. You can imagine how fun that would be for a little girl who loves to change... makes me tired just thinking about it.
Another thing I love about not living in the apartment is not feeling like I have to keep the kids quiet and not waking up to hear their noises either. We have next door neighbors who we occasionally hear but it really isn't bad. We do live right next to the train so we hear that but we have gotten use to it. Although I am convinced that whoever drives the train at around 11 p.m. thinks is fun to blow his whistle louder and longer than necessary!!! Maybe i don't notice as much during the day but I swear he does it on purpose :)
Now that we are a little more established in our new place, it seems like so much more of a home to me. The kids seem to enjoy the inside of our new place a lot more then our apartment, not to mention the huge advantage of having a backyard and garage. It has been so fun to be able to eat lunch outside and watch wills ride his bike right from our from yard. I love it! I feel really blessed to live here. It has been a lot better for us!
One of the biggest blessings is having garage. I no longer have to dread bringing groceries home. i use to call Nick and he would come home on his lunch break to help me unload because otherwise unloading was nearly impossible with the two kids. Nick use to tell me that if I brought in the groceries I got my 3o min cardio work out for the day. It was true, back and forth from the car to apartment was at least a quarter mile. Have a covered place to come into when it is raining is fabulous! It is also wonderful on the nights Nick has school. I use to try to time our arrival for when he would get home from class so that if the kids were sleeping he could help me carry them in. Otherwise I would have to wait for him or leave one kid in the car or carry them both in (before I was that pregnant I managed to do that a few times, not sure how). Let's just say its a huge blessing to have a garage. It is so much less daunting to go out at night knowing I can unload them myself. Also I can unload all the stuff from the car without having to make really long trips and carry as much as I possible can so I don't have to make another trip. And I only have the two of them, not sure what we would have done with three.
The best part of having a garage though is that the boys can easily store and ride their bikes right from our house. This has been amazing! William is so much more tired these days, he might be growing, but he is definitely getting more physical exercise. I love it!!!!! I think i mentioned that when we decided to move here i didn't' even realize how nice it would be to live in a cul-de-sac but it has been awesome for bike ridding. Being able to watch him from our front yard is wonderful!!! Wills wants to ride his bike all the time. He and Nick usually go for a couple mile bike ride every day. We even brought home our bike trailer so Allie can go now too! So fun!! They other day they took a ride on clear part of stormy day and came back right when it started pouring rain and hailing and they got drenched. They all seemed to have enjoyed themselves though.
Well this has been another really long post so sorry about that my sister told me "definitely did not read that one!" lol, but I really am so thankful for our new house. It is much better for our family and i just wanted to share. Have a great day!!!!
3 comments:
I loved this post and loved this glimpse into your lives! Sounds like God is really blessing you guys in your new home - yay!!
We've felt the same way you have, with more space. Its super nice, but I also had to figure out how to best organize everything. And then we've faced similar issues with toys. We had an extra bonus room for the kids to use as a play room and guess what? they bring all their toys to the living room :) I actually think its pretty cute... they want to be close to me.
Sarah, i loved this post. my computer is not working great at the minute, and doesn't let me do certain punctuation, or i'd have an exclamation mark and smiley faces...lol...you're house looks so lovely. what a blessing to get moved and settled before baby arrives. i'll be praying for the big event// thank you for being faithful to post things on your blog. i feel as if i've been able to keep up with your little family, and watch your kids grow. thanks for being such a wonderful example of a wife and mother....love you///
I'm in the exact same place as far as finding a way to organize stuff. We have a pretty small kitchen, but a LOT of dishes. Can you remember how many dishes your family used when you were growing up? It feels like a million a day and I wish I had two dishwashers!
Every time we move I have to rethink organizing. Each home is a little different and the children grow in between so their needs change too. I'm glad you're all settled in before the new baby comes and I hope I will be by then, too!
Post a Comment