Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Growing up

Our little William is so much fun as he continues to develop and mature. The last few months he has developed his language skills significantly. He has a lot to tell us and the fun part is that we can actually understand him, well most the time. Some of the fun things he says are whoa, Ramon (who is my brother Nate's American pit who Wills loves and who loves Wills), outside, thank you, please, sorry, poopy and many many others. We have pictures of my brother Dave and sister Rachel on our fridge and Wills points to them and says their names. He was looking at pictures and my mom's house and pointed to himself and said I I.

One of the funniest language stories about Wills so far is that he will tell us he has a poopy to get out of something. Nick put him in bed the other night and Wills told him he had a poopy so Nick pulled him back out had me check and Wills was clean. We both got a really good laugh at how smart Wills is. We are both really enjoying communicating with our silly boy.


Recently William has also been struggling with being left in the nursery. We think it is a stage in his life because this hasn't ever been an issue in the past. I guess I should also note that he HATES to be contained in any space but especially a small one which also makes nursery hard. I believe another part of this stage in his development is that he tells and shows us every time he gets hurt. He is pretty tough usually be he will frequently come up to me pouting and showing me some injury which he wants sympathy for. I love to comfort my little baby. It is fun to have that magical mommy touch.


Wills is also becoming independent on the play structure. For the first time in 19 months I haven't followed or carried him around the playground. He walked all over by himself and even went down the big big slide. I was a little nervous when he got the top but he did fabulously. He climbs all over the play structure. There isn't any item he won't try to climb.

There are so many fun moments in Wills life and I can't believe how fast time is going by. We are really excited about having another little baby to watch grow up and play with Wills. Speaking of which we recently had an ultrasound of our little munchin and the baby seems to be doing well. We had decided not to find out the sex of the baby and the baby kept it's legs crossed so we won't find out what we are having till birth.

Wills and I were really excited that Daddy was home the other day so we were jumping up and down a little and the baby in my tummy did a flip. It was pretty cute. I told Nick that all three of us were excited to see him.
William climbed around the speaker and on the subwoofer and then play computer. He really enjoys climbing.

1 comment:

The Abe Green Family said...

He is such a doll. You guys have done a wonderful job with him. He is a good boy. Keep up the good work :)