Saturday, October 31, 2009

fall festival

As a family we don't celebrate Halloween. Every year instead, growing up, we did a fall festival. We had a big family/ home school group that participated growing up. The last couple years my Aunt Nancy has been kind of hosting it herself. So this year I decided to revamp and and hopefully reinvigorate the festival. This year I set up all the games and had each family bring prizes for a game and one member of the family hosted the game. We ended up putting Joe, James, Rachel (she created her own obstacle course), my mom, Uncle Matt, Aunt Nancy, and then all the parent "volunteers" on games. It was really fun we had several throwing games, walk of colors, bingo, ring toss,mystery box, a few other games..., pumpkin painting, tattoo station (we didn't have any artistic volunteers for face painting) and a food station with hot fresh popcorn and decorate you own cookies. I think everyone one had lots of fun.
when the festival is over we all share a potluck meal. William was wiped and couldn't keep his eyes open any more. This year Rachel set up an obstacle course. At the end of the day it was a huge hit. Here Charity is taking her turn.
Allie was hanging out there with daddy at the obstacle course

It was so fun to have James and Joe "host games" this year.
Joe was running basket ball bounce
Little Autumn getting in on the action
Josh sneaking some pop corn while running the ring toss
My mom hosting character Bingo
The kids painting pumpkins
Gav participating in the basketball bounce. Nate did animal balloons which were really fun
Carson ridding the bike
Allie getting on the trampoline
She is so cute!
Wills on the obstacle course. He did really well


the festival was really fun. Chrisy helped me set everything up and I am always so thankful for her. She makes doing this stuff really fun because she is creative and very helpful. Thank you everyone who came!

2 comments:

Stef said...

Looks like fun!!! You guys do the most fun, creative things - I love it! Can't get over how big your baby is getting :(

ChrisandMissy said...

That is a lot of work, I'm sure, but it looked like tons of fun! We didn't do anything fall harvesty yet...you guys are totally the fun parents. Good job, Sarah. =)
And I, too, am amazed at that little girl in all the pictures. Where is baby Allie?