Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Memorial Day *picture warning*

so if you read this blog you might know a few things about me. Firstly I can't resist putting up almost all the pictures I take. That means there are a lot of pictures for this post and you really might not care about any of them. Secondly I never blog my picture in the right order (you might not notice but most the time it is true) well this post in no exception I rearanged some of them :) but who other then me really cares and it is a ton of work to reorganize :)

There are a lot of other little things you probably know, like I write this more like a journal so it is very informal -believe it or not, not my best writing- but straight from the heart- like I said probably lots of other things could be listed but those were the ones I wanted to mention.


My parents and the Thorntons (my mom's brother and his family who my parents bought several acres with back in '91) have been hosting a church picnic for over 17 years now. This has always been super fun for our family because we are competitive and athletic and the picnic includes opportunity for lots of both.

Chuck Green has been giving a history lesson at the beginning of the picnic for like 11 years or so. He is a really neat man and it is always enjoyable and informative.
Mom and Wills listening intently to Chuck.
Dave Jocelyn and Rach sitting down listening.
Firing up the grills for BBQ
Allie's favorite part of any day. Food!sitting with Aunt RachLet the games begin!
(Nick& Wills, Thi & Risa, Dave & Charity, Kell & Sonni, Becca, Chrisy, Kristine, and Rachel)


My boys
Uncle Dave watching the races

Charity and Tom getting ready to run

Becca ran in flip flops. Uhh...I guess not one of the more competitive Myers but she does have fun.

Wills gets all clingy during stuff like this. He didn't want to do the race without grandpa.
"See we are running to Uncle Dave over there"holding on for security
Here we goKate ditched them shortly after. she knew what to do.
Good job buddy!Water balloon tossing! Ut oh becca
We had a tye dye party for Nate and Rachel's birthdays in April. My mom thought it would be fun for all of us to wear our shirts. We all silently vetoed that idea. Chrisy didn't catch on and so and the girls came representing! LOL. They did look cute.



Wills doing the toss with daddy
All the kiddos and adults lined up
Nick and Wills
Allie refused to take a nap. I let her cry for awhile to no avail. She was actually really good in her stroller though so that was nice.


ready set go

The sister's three legged race. Rach and I took it!



Charity loves to hold Allie
My dad supervising races


Matthias (Uncle Matt's oldest- well he is a twin with Maria)

Dave

Nick and Wills bringing back the three legged race ties



Nick and Dave doing the three legged race.
Even though there is a several inch height difference they have almost the same stride because Nick has long legs and Dave short (for his height at least)
Nicks face made me laugh so hard. It is just a friendly race Nick.
My sister talking some smack. I love my family!

Here is the girls three legged race. Rach and Joc took it. Ria and I were pretty close though! We were gaining on them.
My sisters face made me laugh.
The Joe and James doing a four legged. I was so bummed they didn't do more of these because they are my favorite race! So fun!

The guys running race
Nick won by a huge margine. He says he and dave are about the same speed but at this distance Nick usually wins.

The girls 20 and over running race

My mom stepped up to compete. See where we get it!
Kell and I tied for first. My Cousin Joe came up to me and was really surprised I was fast. He told me Wills was going to be a lightning bult since both his parents were fast. LOL My mom did pretty well!
Chrisy looking pregnant! She probably would rather this picture not be up but I love these pictures! some day she will get me back for all the pictures I have taken of her that she doesn't like. This one is really good in comparison to a few I have stored away. I love them and I don't think she reads the blog so I am relatively safe.

Well that was another memorable Memorial Day for us. After the races we played a couple hours of volleyball and then watched NBA basketball and ate Pizza. It was a great day!

3 comments:

ChrisandMissy said...

FUN! I think I remember last year's post about this- and Nick's competetiveness has not waned.
I got a good laugh at the three legged race pics of Nick's face.
And the pic of Nick running by himself with every documented muscle representin'- whoa bro, eat some potato chips or something. Just kidding. =)

Alli in her highchair is adorable as usual. And Anna gets the same way as Will when you expect her to perform, all clingy.
Anyway, looks like you guys had a great weekend. =)

Stef said...

I for one LOVE tons of pictures. I had a blast looking at all of them and enlarging them so I could see everyone in them. :) I cannot get over how grown up Liz's daughter is and how much she looks JUST like her!! I haven't seen her since she was about my Rachel's age.

Loved the post, Sarah!

The Abe Green Family said...

Sarah, I love your pictures. You did such a good job documenting the day. I LOVE the picture of your mom stretching before the race. Classic!

Kind of bummed we didn't make it up there. Seeing the pictures made me feel like we were there though :)