Tuesday, November 18, 2008

our little ones

Both William and Allie are getting so big. I see them daily so I don't realize how much they have grown until all of a sudden they are both bigger.
Here a few of the fun things I have noticed about William lately.

I think I have mentioned this one before but He love the moon. If it is out he finds it and if it isn't he notices that it is gone. He loves to tell my mom that the moon is out. He also loves to find the moon in books. It is pretty cute. Nick and he were in the car and Nick was trying to explain to him that it is God's moon and Wills told him that it was his moon and that God's moon was in his Big Picture Story Bible. It took Nick awhile but he finally convinced William that it is God's moon and that the one in the book is just a picture. Now he tells us "there's God's moon."

William's speech continues to develop. This isn't necessarily a development but funny, My sister pointed out to me the other day that he started calling her Rachel not Rach like he use to. I don't know why but it is pretty funny and cute. Aunt Rach-el has been spending more time with us since she goes to school so close to our house, and ultimately, because her boy friend is far away at college. We have been enjoying all the extra time with her.

Another one of Williams favorite things to do right now is sing. He likes to sing very loudly! Not always but especially when he is excited which usually happens on our car rides. He likes to listen to his music in the car and those are the songs he sings. He likes to sing Jesus loves me and the B-I-B-L-E. He also makes up his own songs.

William is very independent at times. He loves to dress himself and pick out his own clothes. This has resulted in several interesting outfits but ultimately it is worth it to let him do it himself. He loves to put on his soccer clothes. He has two shirts with soccer balls on them and several pairs of soccer shorts. He has one white pair that are by far his favorite and he loves to put those on. He also loves to put on his shoes. He get's pretty upset with me when I try to help him put his socks or his shoes on or any of his clothes for that matter. I am enjoying his different stages.

Allie is also getting big. She is so happy and she LOVES to interact. When Nick or I am around she tries really hard to get eye contact to smile at us. She loves her brother and gets really excited when he is around. She loves to laugh especially at her daddy. We went to the Dr. the other day and she is is a big girl. She is in the 90% for height for age and 79% for weight. She weights 14lbs 13.7 ounces and she is 2inches 1.5. She also is grasping her toys really well. She lays on her play mat and grabs her toys and feet. So cute! She is really starting to enjoy her toys and tries to put them all in her mouth.

Here is a picture of them in the bath. I recently started putting her baby bath in the tub because she splashes so much. William asked me if he could take a bath with her. He is so excited to start playing with her. It was very cute. He ask to take baths with her every time I tell him he needs one.

1 comment:

The Abe Green Family said...

They are precious. How nice that William likes to play with Allie in the bathtub! I can see lots of fun times ahead for those two :)